Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

hp700.png

On November 19, 2020, a new version of firmware will be available for the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 UC. This update can be made through the Bose Music App and the Bose Updater Site.  

Firmware Versions:
Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 & Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 UC:  1.7.0

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

• General updates to make Bluetooth connections more reliable, improve music streaming, and provide better voice assistant responses.
  • Fixes bugs related to maximum battery charging level

China only

• With Tencent’s Xiaowei voice assistant, you can now use your voice to control noise cancellation, equalization, and activate conversation mode. This feature is only available in China. ​

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

Am Waiting...

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Every Bose NC700 update I've done so far has made it worse. Less reliable bluetooth connection, and much worse battery life.

Does this really actually. Really, ,really, really fix bluetooth/battery issues as stated. There's no track record here.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2017

I will try this update but if it doesn't work returning for QC 35 II headphones.  Amazes me that Bose is so nonchalant about this.  No sense of urgency or care of what customers are going through.

Update: I updated to the newest firmware via PC.  Update was successful and thought things were working well.  Watching something on my pixelbook and also had connection to my pixel phone.  All good it seemed.  Couldn't switch to my phone to listen to something.  I didn't have the bose app installed so I installed the Bose Music app on my phone and after 2 minutes of it being installed.  Pixelbook was playing something no problem, went to open youtube on phone and it started to play but no sound and couldn't switch over.  Pixelbook video froze and headphones rebooted.

I'm taking these back, I still don't understand how $400 of headphones are still being sold let alone were released to the public.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

I just updated the NC700 with the latest firmware and see no difference with the stutter issues. I still hear the stutter. I heard like 3 times in a 3 minute song. I am not sure what got updated in this new version or what bluetooth connectivity issues were resolved

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

I came here to see if there was an update only to notice that my phone was in the process of receiving it.

Anyhow, I'm on 1.8.2 now, and my issue (stuttering when connected to two devices) seems, on the one hand, better when my phone isn't active (i.e. I'm not doing anything on my phone) and I'm listening to music from my pc. However, it is *worse* when I touch my phone -- the very act of causing the phone's processor to do anything (even touching an icon) instantly causes all sort of stuttering and popping. (And I have a brand-new Samsung Note20 Ultra, so it has processing juice to spare.)

So it's a bit of a trade-off: uninterrupted listening from my pc while my phone is idle, but quite bad once the phone does anything. For me it's an improvement; I can't help but wonder if the Bose engineers aren't implementing a similar trade-off...

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Just wondering if bose does any kind of testing to see if the issue is resolved.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2020

I think there aren’t much bose can do with these dual connection errors. Because when the headset is connected to two devices, and only one of them is playing, the other one will send signals to the headset to not loose it’s connection. These signals will interrupt your other connection, and will cause static stuttering noises. For instance when I have my AirPods connected to my iPhone without playing any media sound, I can hear white noises. The phone sends these to keep on the connection.

But to be honest I don’t understand why Bose did add this dual connection without checking if it works properly... No one expect these issues when they pay 300USD++ 

I just got used to have one device connected at a time...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

I updated it today and so far so good. The installation was seamless 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Updated and battery life is still the same, device only reports 16-17 hours after charging.