Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
$t0ckd@le
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

Replying to the comment about battery life...

I gave my QC35II to my daughter when I purchased the NC700's and I'll have to say I'm missing the QC35II's in many ways...not to say that there's not plenty to love about the NC700's but for as much as I use my headset in a day for conference calls, music and just plain as much noise cancelling as possible in, first, an Open Office Environment (terrible f'ing idea, btw...), and then, second, when I get home, in an apartment complex full of nosey neighbors and people who these days with COVID have nothing better to do but get their socks off by trying to find out as much about their neighbors as they can (through the wonderful building materials consisting of paper thin walls and floor plans set up to have your head up against your neighbors head at night (what the hell is that about?)... Needless to say I do miss the 40hrs+ of battery life the QC's had to the pathetic 17hrs at best the NC700 sport!!!

LaurenDougan29
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Hi there.  

I've recently joined the world of Bose wireless headphones with the NC700s. 

Now, they’re a very decent piece of kit however from the day of purchase (Wednesday 25th November) I’ve noticed that on a full charge I only get 17hrs something for a full battery and also the battery announcement when you press the touchpad on the right ear cup does not match the battery info given on the App. 

for example, just now my battery announcement says 2hrs and 30 mins however the app says 2hrs and 44 mins. 

I know people have reported similar issues with their headphones and previous firmware versions.  

I was just wondering if others are still experiencing similar issues since the firmware update.  

Firmware

App Version 

Services Used 

iPad Air 4 (iOS 14.2) 

iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 14.2.1) 

Lejonklou
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Is it possible to roll back to an older firmware?

Apologies if this has been mentioned already. My NC700's worked a lot better when I just bought them, right when they were released.

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

@Lejonklou  Bose pretend that it is not possible, because it would create compatibility problem.

In my opinion, it's simply stubbornness not to admit that they f*** up with the updates. 

So @Wayne_M , @bose , again,  I demand a downgrade possibility to 1.3.1

Lejonklou
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

"Creating compatibility problems"?

Well, of course if any compatibility was added in the new firmwares, it will be lost if you downgrade. That's self evident and everyone who downgrades firmware knows about the possible consequences.

The thing is @bose, I have a pair of very expensive headphones - NC700 - that I can't use for phone calls. I demand to be able to downgrade to the firmware that once worked!

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

OK, to be 100% honest, the advanced argument was verbatim: "the main reasons are security and interoperability".

But then, again, as @Lejonklou says, "That's self evident and everyone who downgrades firmware knows about the possible consequences."

And I second his demand.

boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

@bose I want to chime in my support of the plea to allow downgrade of NC700 firmware back to 1.3.1 it is by far the most stable and most usable version and also want to reiterate again, give us the option to disable app auto update firmware since you can't do a good job fully testing it before release.

JP79
Collaborator
Registered since

May 21, 2020

With v1.7.0-10068+f3675e6 firmware: when connected to 2 devices (MacBook Pro active stream + iPhone7 with latest iOS14), constant stuttering of streamed audio from MacBook when my phone receives a notification. I'm using the latest Bose app. I would then put my phone on vibrate, seemed to improve but like previous posts, I too have some stuttering on NC700 when I'm in the Bose Music app. When only one device is connected, no stuttering. So this is clear feature that is not working as advertised. I too can confirm this has gotten worse over time - user of NC700 since about May 2020. 

Also useless under Windows - seemed better in previous versions to 1.7 - the mic doesn’t show up, only audio listening, so useless for Zoom calls. This is under Bootcamp, not sure if different for a real Windows device.

UPDATED to 1.8.2-11524+eof7590: Same issue as above but seems to be less stuttering for me in my first 30 minutes of testing. MacBook is streaming music from Spotify (downloaded playlist so not streaming) and as soon as I get a push notification on my iPhone, audio stutters briefly. I have my sound enabled on my iPhone and there is no sound that comes through NC700 — just a stutter. As an additional test, I put my iPhone under Silent mode and same outcome. Very frustrating and amazed this is not being replicated by the team at Bose.

Dian Wessels
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

The audio stutter when connected to two Bluetooth devices remains. Typically I listen to music on my iMac. After a few seconds/minutes of playback the stuttering starts. Then I disconnect my iPhone from the NC 700 and it disappears.

This firmware update has therefore not addressed one of our most irritating problems.

JP79
Collaborator
Registered since

May 21, 2020

You are one of the lucky ones - fully charged mine overnight, said 100% (which is good) but stutters continues every 30-45 seconds for me after updating.