Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

@Jacek KApparently, the incompetence is at Bose, as more and more threads reporting issues with QC35s is appearing recently due to the latest firmware, the major difference i can see that QC35 users still having better experience is that connect app for QC35 do not force the firmware update down customers throat like the music app + NC700 did. 

Jacek K
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

@boliao45 Yes, I saw people complaining on QC35 II as well and discovered similar issues (stuttering...). However, I am the happy owner of the first-gen of QC35 - they are not receiving new updates anymore (at least I stuck on 3.0.3) and are rock solid and stable.

It's sad to read that new firmware updates are breaking more things than they resolve. Bose hardware is expensive and I didn't imagine I can experience issues like stuttering, shorter than claimed battery life, or even bad working battery level indicators with their top headphones.

I was considering buying other headphones but trusted this brand for the second time. I feel I did a mistake and should go with a different brand.

boliao45
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

@Jacek KFully understand you, i myself have been happy owner of 2 x QC15, and QC25 before this and then this major bummer makes me lost the 10 years worth of trust in the brand and reputation in just under 6 months of ownership.

If you still have the opportunity to make a return I'd suggest you do that.

Its too late for me, but i can treat this as a very very expensive lesson learned to never trust this brand any longer.

I am planning to make a switch to another more costly brand which I'm sure will be more proactive to resolve any problems in their products, have a great history record of good customer service and after sales service.

Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

So disapointed by what I am reading about this new firmware version.

It seems Bose is Killing this product I bought a few monthes ago..

Still waiting a wake-up of Bose but I am now without any confidence with this team even if Wayne is trying to keep contact with customers community (thanks for that).

As I wrote in a previous post, I decided to stop buying Bose product and I made yesterday the choice to order my new portable speaker with an another brand and model than my first choice Revolve+ Bose.

Recently, some people in my Company asked me an advice to buy Headphones, I told them to choice Sony XM4.

Nevertheless, Still waiting the firmware 2.0 fixing all problems and Still hoping to find again my best NC headphones.

evrenery
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

I have recently bought NC 700. I am so unlucky that I saw this thread after I bought it. 

I didn't opened its box yet. The first thing will be selling this product and buy more stable one (maybe sony wh-1000xm4)

Thanks Bose for damaging your brand value

Hydrocarbon
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

Still Expensive Ear Muffs I'm sorry to say

My Devices

Oppo r15pro
CPH1831

Color OS version 7.1

Android 10
CPH1831EX_11_F.46

Bose app version 4.2.4

<span;>Galaxy Tab S4
<span;>SM-T835
<span;>UI 2.1
<span;>Android 10
Baseband T835XXU4CT14

Bose app version 4.2.4

My Muffs
Bose NC700 Headphones
Firmware 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590
DOM 12/July 2019
GUID 20bddd2d-36db-eb78-d7c4-2ee6e478f5

Either device on its own with Bose Music App NOT running

Bluetooth connects readily

Goes into reboot cycle mode. Headphones won't turn off until bluetooth disabled on device.

When Bose Music app is ON.

Connection to app is problematic. It may connect on the first attempt or it may take 15 minutes of trying to connect to the app. Sometimes it may require pairing reset on headphones to finally get connection. Once connected with app running operation appears normal. NICE SOUND

When the 2nd device pairs we go back to reboot cycle mode....

To be able to use these muffs.

Need to only have

one device paired at any time or

have 2nd device switched off or 

Out of range or

2nd device bluetooth off and

Hope that the muffs connect with the Bose Music App running on the device then

We can call them Headphones........

As for battery duration I have not paid any special attention as I only try too use them when I can't find my Sony's or want to check whether Bose has fixed them yet..........

mechs85
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Stuttering is back in a serious way on my MacBook Pro and iPhone.

I think I am going to have to take the loss on these headphones and opt for another well known and yet unreleased brand.

Us owners have had so many issues as per this forum, from the app, to battery life, to stuttering, etc its frankly not satisfactory and I really cannot recommend these headphones due to the issues. I spent £350 on these when they came out and that was high for a noise cancelling offering, but I thought Bose were the leaders in this space. Unfortunately no long terms reviews and marketing have made me make the wrong choice.

I will happily pay £550 for a set of headphones that do not stutter, seamlessly connect to my devices and do not need a very buggy app.

Rob888
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Another step backward.  Installed the update earlier in the week, and now I can't make a single phone call without my iPhone disconnecting and reconnecting.

Long past time to realize that these things don't work and can't be made to work. I have owned these headphones for over a year, and haven't enjoyed a single day when they worked properly. A recall of this defective product is in order.

drwhois
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

updated my NC700 to the latest fw and bluetooth connection is far worse than the previous fw

i now have connection issues, cracks in the sound when using it as headset, sometimes i'm completely not understandable due to the poor sound quality... 

so is there a way to downgrade to the previous version cause this firmware which claims to be better at just that is in my experience far worse...

tia,

marc

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Thank you everyone for your continued reports. I don't have an update to provide at this time beyond we are continuing to investigate the issues you have reported and thank you for your patience.

When posting about the issue you're experiencing, remember please make sure to provide as much of the below as possible: 

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) 
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) 
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce 
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? 
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) 
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. 

This information is immensely helpful for our engineers and will help lead to a faster resolution.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!