seouleagle
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

It would be nice to have a Bose representative reply to these community forums more frequently.  This would be a great discussion.  Why not have a Beta program for the firmware and the ability to roll back to a firmware version that we, as individuals, liked.  It does seem bad business to not at least converse with us more frequently on these firmware issues, talk about solutions, and let us know where they are in the process of another update.  While I like the equalizer addition in the one update last year, I was disappointed that the noise cancellation is not as good as it used to be.  It would be nice to know why there was a reduction in the cancelling and what they are doing to remedy it.  I don’t get to upset if something went wrong and the company identifies it, letting you know they are trying to correct.  What I don’t like is when it happens and you feel they are avoiding the issue.  That is bad for business and seems that is what Bose is doing here.  They need to do something for their customers...

sebR
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

What happened actually to the capability to "mute/unmute" the microphone in MS Teams calls using a button of the headset?

Before the update to 1.8.2, it was working with the 'disconnect your mobile after starting the Teams meeting on your laptop trick', which is still a bad user experience, but it was at least possible.

After the update to 1.8.2, it is nolonger possible to "mute/unmute" the microphone in MS Teams calls using a button of the headset, which is just really bad.

Can you please, provide a proper "mute/unmute" functionality for MS Teams using the buttons of the headset.

morno@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

I just updated to firmware 1.8.2. Good news... headphones still work :-)! But, and I don't know if i'm the only one with that issue, but it seems to have "lost" its noise reducing capabilities. Prior to update, I didn't ear my keyboard, now I do even at level 10.

Just hope that I will gain some benefits. I had constant issues of my Bose dropping connection with my Iphone when connected to my laptop. 

Mere to come...

Mohsen.R
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

Yesterday I returned my headphone to costco and get the new one!

this time when I was paring it with bose music app I disabled its internet access. so far still running on v1.3.1 with all previous devices and no issue, no crackling!

the only hurdle is when I want to switch between multiple devices and I have to use the APP, I should be careful  that internet is disabled!

if @bose provide means to opt out for new update or downgrade it somehow if user doesn't like the new one, I don't have to go trough this hurdle every time I want to switch between devices. 

and @bose I don't like the fact that no one from company replying to this thread! people don't like to be ignored!

Gneuh
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

What?

You mean that you don't think that the advantages of firmware update are too numerous to be mentioned?

Well, you're not alone.

And @bose, banning the people that do not like your way will not improve their opinion

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

@Mohsen.R i tried that too and it worked for a month but even though careful, my headphones have updated and now I suffer the stuttering issue... I’m so annoyed and may try and return my replacement headphones as my previously high opinion of Bose has tumbled... so sad really.

I wish I had deleted the app after setup and just stuck to a 2 device limit as the phone advantage has disappeared (and given it also behaves badly in a conference call by completely wiping out all other sound in favour of the ringing phone makes me realise these aren’t the business headphones they were sold as - I naively thought Bose had this stuff sussed ... no way)

Lammiwinks
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

@will.holdsworth wrote:

Having the option to remap the Assistant key to cycle through Bluetooth devices would be pretty sweet, but that would likely be a lot of work to implement.

Something I've suggested multiple times before! It would be pretty **bleep** simple to implement and a huge quality of life improvement! ❤️ 

Soundwaves7
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

How many pages of complaints does there need to be in order for one of the mods to respond?....ANY update at this point would be apricated. Clearly, there's something not working correctly with the product...either hardware or firmware related. Is there an eta on when we can expect a firmware update to fix this NC700 mess?

Can anyone out there can offer the community any info....
@Laetitia_L  @Michael_P  @Sam_F  @Tegan_M  @Vicky_W  @Wayne_M 

seouleagle
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

That would be a start.  Most communities I have belonged for other devices or software, the moderators were very active.  They would make sure to get a subject matter expert to answer questions and hopefully provide solutions.  So please we need some Bose moderators and subject matter experts to start and become involved in this community, as anything less would just make this a complaint location and not provide constructive solutions we as users of a Bose product need…

reinhardts
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

Update:

It's now been about 2 weeks since I've had the 700 UC headphones, which means I have 10 weeks left to 'try' them. Findings have been updated since my last post:

• The cracking/breaking sounds are there with the UC dongle as well, just as with Bluetooth, so it actually didn't work. It's a bit less though (I think??)
  • The UC dongle does make it more complicated on the computer in terms of changing volumes, choosing your device, etc. Especially if the phone rings while you are in a Teams call, then after that it's about 15 clicks and a bunch of laughing people on Teams until you can hear them again, and they you.

So, the USD100 addition on the normal 700 has the following benefits:

• Quick connection without pairing

And the following disadvantages:

• USD 100
  • Complicated controls on computer
  • SUPER bad range, like not even 1/5 of the BT range)

Bose has 10 weeks to fix this or they are going back after the testing time.

@Wayne_M @bose