Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvainvh
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

I am angry.

What I can do with my headphone that I cannot use ?

Replace it ? Already done twice.

Wait for a new version ? Really ?

I'm so fed up of this situation... I'm so fed up about Bose and his contempt for its customers

Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Same decision for me : not to buy this brand again and post on sites the advice to have a look on this forum before buying this headphone..

DAVIDALLIN
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Bose NC700 firmware 1.8.2 Bug Fixes and Enhancements: General updates to make Bluetooth connections more reliable, improve music streaming, ... Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – Nov. ... I'm really annoyed cz everytime I turn this Godly device on for noise cancellation studying,

Dottat
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2020

same.... Last bose for me. I've already stopped buying them for my techs after this fiasco. If I provided a product like this to MY customers I would be out of work. That's all bose deserves.

It's been almost a year since they broke mine with firmware. 

DonSanto
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

So, I tried to talk to the Bose support about the issues. This is what they replied showing no concern what is said on this community forum.

There are very few customers who has problem with NC 700 despite it is the top selling product of Bose.

I'm serious, that was the full answer.

@bose I will try to have the store take these back, which they will probably not do by now. This was the last Bose product I ever bought and I will have my network know about it every time I get the chance to warn people.

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

It really feels like they don't care - no posts from Bose for a long time, no updates, nothing.  1.3 was the last "good" update for the headphones for me, and since then every update has left me with headphones that turn themselves off after a few seconds or minutes of use and refuse to come back on, reduced battery life, worse noise cancellation... and nothing is being done to fix this.  There are ways to turn back time, if you know what I mean, and since doing this my headphones are usable, but it's ridiculous that such an expensive set of headphones are clearly broken by "improved" firmware, and the manufacturer seemingly does not care at all.  I'll never buy Bose again.

Soundwaves7
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

The below was posted on the "Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices" thread by @Community_Admin 

"Thank you all for taking the time to post here. We continue to receive reports from the community of audio stuttering while using the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. As always, we do recommend, updating your product to the latest version of firmware. We have heard reports from some users that they have experienced improvements after updating.

We understand this is not the case for everyone and for those of you who continue to report audio stuttering we would like to understand your use case a bit more. If you are willing to provide additional information to support our investigations of these reports, please follow this link to fill out a brief survey to collect information about your use case. We understand that you may have already provided some of this information in previous community posts, however completing this survey will help better inform our testing.  

We’ll continue to update this thread when we have additional information to share. Thank you for your continued support and patience."

Soundwaves7
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

I'd also like to post that I fixed the restarting issues I had with my NC700's. I had seen a forum member mention that he had restarting issues as well and he said that he removed his Boom & Megaboom by Ultimate Ears app and that solved his problem. I thought it was a coincidence and didn't give it a second thought....until I did...months later. Low and behold, I removed the app and my NC700's no longer restarted 3 times before connecting to my phone. Go figure. For some reason there's some cross talk somehow with the Bose Music app,  NC700, Boom & Megaboom app, and my Ultimate Ears speaker. 

drwhois
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

i've updated from 1.7-ish to 1.8.2

cause the release notes said more stable bluetooth connection

so far this isn't the case (when connected to 2 devices)

but apart from that is the volume of speech making a call using the headphone way worse then before, and i get the complaint of a 'helicopter' kinda stutter...

so i had to buy myself a sennheizer headset which works perfectly on both devices...

furthermore the max level of noise cancelling is far worse than on 1.7 (i guess that was the previous release i was running)

so i've opened a support issue and got it replaced

off course it came with an old firmware and the firmware got replaced by the bose music app

and the same issues were there again...

i really don't get how a device of that price tag can survive

i'm posting another thread on quality of the nc700, i have 2 and had replaced multiple times...

Toons114
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Stutter when Connected to Multiple Devices.

Still have the pb connected to an HP EliteBook 820 G3 with latest BT drivers and connected to an IPhone 8 with IOS 14.4, using Teams on the PC.

The heaset is not just capable to manage 2 BT simple connexions with one of the most used SW for conferencing and products for major brands.

Disappointed from the beginning with this functionality and which was my main purpose of buying for working