Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mircea
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

For everybody having headset restart issues (that is what it is doing when it buzzes and losses connection): i have a Samsung S20 Ultra and was having the same issue. I turned to Samsung support and aparently they have some knolledge about bluetooth issues with this Bose NC 700. I was advised to make a data backup on my phone and a FULL FACTORY RESET. I did that and as soon as i finished first time configuration after reseting i connected my nc 700 headset. Since then i never had a connection losing problem. 

But from time to time i have a small issue and i think that is an ANC software bug: i hear the sound with high frequency impurityes, like a very old radio.

WPJoe
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2021

Like everyone else, I have also been having major issues with the headphones stopping and restarting over and over again on my Galaxy S9.  They rarely work anymore with that phone.

When I first saw the suggestion re the UE app (which I also have) I removed it and I also removed Bose Music.  It seemed like this helped - however after several weeks I am now having the same issue again even without those apps... I have now re-downloaded the Bose Music app onto my phone, but it cannot maintain a connection with the headphones.

JesusAngeles
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Hello @Wayne_M ,

The feedbacks here are mixed.

I think I still see people complain on the battery level, after the update was installed.

There is dominant issue now on the multi-point feature.

I am trying to decide on buying one.

Do you (Bose) now know the list of issues going on?  And among those lists, do you now know what is the cause?

It seems very hard to decide, if these questions are not answered.

Korben-Dallas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Hello,

the decision seems to be easy to be taken : go away from Bose ..

no answer to our issues, no new firmware since Nov 2020, …

Waiting to have enough money to buy Sony XM4 or upper … I recently changed my Bluetooth speaker : first I selected Bose Portable … and finally I bought Sonos (good choice !)

JesusAngeles
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Yes. sort of closes the book on this.

I am considering now Apple AirPods Max, because I need one for both: music, and work-from-home calls and meetings on the computer.  The price though, is something.

The second one is Sony wh-1000xm4.  However, I see complains about its Call feature. (microphone feature during calls), where the other party cannot even understand what the user is saying, when it is noisy around.

I think Im going for the Apple AirPods Max.

[Edit]

I end up buying Jabra.  Great ones, not as heavy as Apple literally and on pocket.

Bought this  Jabra Elite 85h, for same features (and some even better) as those mentioned above. 

But 10 mins later, I sent a refund request as I realized this is for my long-term use.  I am going for the higher-end jabra model.  This  below is the best for both music and office meetings.  For long term purpose. This is great for meetings because the range is up to 100m.; and of course has great features comparable or better than all mentioned above.

jabra EVOLVE2 85

Price is about 15% higher than the bose 700 item.

KrishnaChaitanya
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

I really wish I could return this Bose Headphones and buy this Jabra. Bose sucks with the stutter issue. cant believe they are not willing to fix it and still selling it. They are just increasing the haters by selling more and more of this headphones. Bose will be soon out of the headphones market.

RadioJoe
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2021

Noise cancelling is very weak on my new new set of Bose 700NC with firmware 1.8.2 installed on them (manufactured in January 2021). App version 4.5.4. Running through Apple iPhone 10Smax latest iOS.

Bose, please fix the active noise cancelling. These are meant to be "noise cancelling headphones", but on my first use of them today walking down the street, with NC set to 10 in the app, I can hear cars approaching that are 50 metres away. I can hear myself lightly click my fingers outside the headphones.  This is not an acceptable level of noise cancelling. The noise cancelling on my old set of QC15s is stronger, and they were released 12 years ago.

As others have said, the noise cancelling was a lot stronger in previous firmware versions (1.2.x or 1.3.x?). If this is a simple software fix, then please release a new firmware version. This has the hallmarks of iPhone's batterygate and should be addressed to satisfy your customers.

mr.mac.wal
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Any news, any piece of information? Anything from #bose, @Wayne_M , anyone?

#doYouStillCare?

josiahong
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2021

Hi, I'm currently using Firmware 1.8.2 but the stuttering/connection issue with the high pitch noise and then the headphones constantly rebooting in a cycle or loop still persists when i connect to just 2 devices (Macbook Pro and S21+). This issue has been around since 2019 but it's July 2021 - can we please get a fix? Or the option to reboot or reinstall the latest firmware even though we already have it?

The suggested rebooting steps in the manual out of the box do not work either. If anyone knows how to fix it, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

enik
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Can we please get some updates on this? 

My headphones continue to be unusable due to crackling and glitching when connected to both a macbook and iphone at the same time. As soon as either of them is disconnected, the problem goes away. Both the macbook and iphone's bluetooth stack have been reset to no avail. 

There is no effective way to reset the bluetooth headphones. The instructions on Bose website don't work. 

I'm extremely dissapointed by the lack of response and lack of action on Bose part to fix this issue.