ericyew
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.8.2 – November 19th 2020

Still have not fixed the loud orchestra sound when turning on/off or connecting to bluetooth devices. Please fix in next update bose! please!...always gives me a shock and I have enough anxiety as it is already.

mail@nickvandenbroek.nl
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Multi-device support still not fixed when connected to iPhone X and Surface Studio... Great headphone for single device but very disappointed about this USP. Hope that it's fixed really soon, otherwise I need to switch to Sony. 😪 

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

After update from 1.7.0 to 1.8.2 so far I noticed following bugs:

- Headphones sounds quieter by around of 20% !!!
- I can hear horrible crackle sound, every time I pause the music, when turn on/off headphones or while changing song no matter whether it is YouTube or music player in my phone.

I was happy with 1.7.0, had no stuttering, no crackling, sound was good, and battery 19hours after full charge.

Unfortunately again, some strange people decided, and forced me to download their fancy software, and update my headphones for which I paid with my money, because they know better what is best for me.

Bose why? Seriously...why you screw up my headphones? 😠

Ixus
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

Unfortunately the crackle sound is still there. It mainly occurs when pausing/starting youtube video or when skipping some time in video playback.  It's not related to web content because that sound can be produced with headphones properties / default format / test sound. Maybe something related to buffering or power saving?

This happens when one or two devices are connected to headphones.

I have 1.82 firmware, Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo X1 carbon 6th gen). I have tested the internal bluetooth adapter and Asus BT500 bluetooth 5 dongle. I'm feeling that the stutter is shorter with this Bt500 dongle but it's still there.

nik.tuenn
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Same mess over here after changing from running Teams-Call on my PC using USB Bose Link to mobile phone: Even when I cancel a call (same as when replying and ending afterwards), it has a crackle sound after switching back to PC.

ozmbee
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2020

"I think there aren’t much bose can do with these dual connection errors. "

A button/gesture to manually switch between connected devices would help! But Bose don't seem interested in this 😞

I'd love the option to map the Voice Assistant button to manually swap between connected devices Or a shortcut gesture.

will.holdsworth
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Having the option to remap the Assistant key to cycle through Bluetooth devices would be pretty sweet, but that would likely be a lot of work to implement.

1.8.2 is pretty solid so far in my limited testing. It has some issues recognising the headphones in the app now, but I never usually log into it anyway. Fingers crossed.

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Any news on the reboots? When I updated my NC700 headphones to 1.7 they would pause during the startup ("connected to (long pause)" then the name of my phone) followed some time later by a loud buzz and the headphones would reboot. Is that fixed? That was the biggest issue for me. 

vldr
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I've given up on the nc700 and Bose in general. I'll try the update since don't really care anymore if it gets worse, I have my trusted Sony XM1000's that just last for 30 hours and only use the Bose's for short lasting, single-device needs.

I do urge people to review their honest opinion on amazon, bol.com, coolblue, wherever you bought them

Nasalhair
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Just tried the update and it's not looking promising - powered them on and after the orchestra sound they went "battery thirteen ho..." followed by a ten second or so pause, then "...urs.  Connected to" and the name of my phone.  I'm not hopeful.