Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

I wanted to ensure that this issue doesn't get lost in the larger topic regarding the 1.4.12 Firmware upgrade. Since the upgrade, shortly after powering on the headphones a loud buzzing ensues, followed by the Power On tone and then the battery level announcement and the Bluetooth device connection announcement. 

This occurred on Day 1 after performing the FW upgrade, again yesterday and again this morning. At the time it occurs, I'm only streaming music via Bluetooth. I know for certain that both yesterday and today, the buzzing/reboot sequence occurred three times in a row within a minute of powering the headphones on. It occurs whether the Bose Music app is open or not. The headphones are only paired with this one device, my Galaxy S8.

Specifics:

Samsung Galaxy S8

Android 9

Bose Music App: 3.3.4

NC700 FW version: 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd

Bose Support folks, please look into this issue. Note that these headphones were trouble-free prior to this FW update. I have not yet attempted a device reset, will do so later today to see if it makes any difference.

If there is any additional information you need me to collect for troubleshooting, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to work with you and your team in this investigation.

Regards,

-lunchman

125 REPLIES 125
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

Hi Support,

I have just started using my Bose 700 Headphones for professional calls and come across an issue where I am listening to music or on a call and the headphones make a LOUD buzzing noise then reboots. After they reboot they reconnect again after 5 or more seconds.

The call issue is being experienced on an iPhone 7. The music issue is happening on a Samsung S10+. I am generally connected to both devices at the same time.

Everything else is working fine and I'm very happy with the Bose 700, except when it seems to have a brain freeze and needs to reboot. This is unacceptable when on professional calls and clients think we have been disconnected.

Looking forward to your advice.

Glen

Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

Hello Glen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem during calls with your NC Headphones 700. 

Could you please confirm if this happens when only 1 device is connected?

Additionally, I would recommend ensuring that your headphones are running the latest firmware version. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com

Please let me know if you notice a change after this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Thank you for your reply. My headphones were at the latest update level.

Only connecting to one device (iPhone 7) seems to have stopped the Bose 700 headphones from making a loud buzz noise and rebooting. This of course does not resolve the issue as one of the features of the headphones is the ability to connect to two devices. Again, it works perfectly fine until it reboots.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Glen

Highlighted

Hi Glen, 

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. 

Can you please inform us on what service you tend to take your phone calls? Is this via a service such as Whatsapp, Skype or Teams for example?

I would also like you to check to see if with a cabled connection the buzzing still occurs? I understand that this is not an ideal set up for you, however from testing this we can determine whether or not this could be a Bluetooth interference with your headset potentially. 

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Hi

I have been having similar issue with my bose 700 headphones, it would cut out and I would hear zzz or whizz sound of distortion.

I usually  listen  to youtube music and watch netflix movies and it cuts out regularly. I am also using a Samsung  note 10 plus. I have updated to the lates firmware and dont know what more I can do. 

Should I pop into a bose service store, iisthis covered by the warranty? 

Please help 

Thank you 

Highlighted

Hello N3wfr13nds,

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

This certainly isn't normal or expected behavior. If you are fully up to date with your firmware, and the issue persists on multiple devices, please reach out to local support to discuss service options. Details can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Tegan,

• Can you please inform us on what service you tend to take your phone calls? Is this via a service such as Whatsapp, Skype or Teams for example? 
    The calls are normal cell/mobile phone calls.

• I would also like you to check to see if with a cabled connection the buzzing still occurs? I understand that this is not an ideal set up for you, however from testing this we can determine whether or not this could be a Bluetooth interference with your headset potentially.
    Test - Cable connected to Samsung S10+ . Bluetooth connect to S10+ and iPhone 7
    When I first plugged the cable into the headphones both phones disconnected from bluetooth. I then had to manually pair again. What I did notice on the iPhone only was the headphones were broadcasting the default bluetooth name AND my custom name. The iPhone was connected to both names. I deleted the pairing from the default bluetooth name. I then plugged the cable into the S10+. I did not experience any buzzing or reboots. I did however have issues answering  calls when double tapping on the right earphone. So this all became too frustrating so I disconnected and went back to dual bluetooth connection to the S10+ and iPhone 7. A few minutes later I received a text message on the iPhone 7 and BUZZ......then headphones reboot.
    So then I test a single connect to the S10+ ....no issue....iPhone 7 single connection ....no issue

The key thing I don't understand is why the Bose 700 reboots when I hear the buzz noise. 

My synopsis so far is although you can technically connect to 2 devices via bluetooth, it's not stable enough to be useful 😞
    Glen
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Thank you for your guidance  and help.

I took it into bose service centre in Nz. 

Apparently i will receive a brand new pair next week, as its Friday here. 

Kindest Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Maybe I should do the same.......over to you Bose?