Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Re: Bose 700 buzz reboot can't listen to one full song with out buzzz reboot

////////https://youtu.be/KjcAk2wBrO8

Have latest firmware, in my video I got to 1 minute and 50 seconds and edited out the audio before it. I have material number 794297-0100     Don't tell me Bose engineering doesn't know they have bugs in their OS and it crashes. I expected quality from Bose but it appears they will release junk and then try to patch it up with software later.  My BOSE QC35 connected to the same phone for 3 years straight with no issues and still today connect to the same phone with no issues.

Bose is now requesting people with the buzz to go to a special link for help. https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-Makes-a-loud-bu...
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

FYI why they don't crash and buzz when plugged in directly with the stereo cord.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

I just tried your special hold this button PLUG IN sequence and it still does it.  I also tried rubbing my belly and patting my head while doing it and that didn't work either.

DON'T BUY THESE FROM THE BOSE WEBSITE CUZ NOW I HAVE TO EXECUTE A PHD PROJECT TO RETURN THEM.  BUY THEM FROM TARGET OR A LOCAL STORE SO YOU CAN JUST RETURN THEM WITH EASE. I WOULD HAVE DROVE THE 30 MILES TO A BOSE STORE TO RETURN, BUT I CAN'T.

If you purchased your product at a Bose store, please return or exchange it there. Bose Stores cannot, unfortunately, accept returns or exchanges of products purchased from the Sites or by phone.

please call 1-800-999-2673 to begin the return or exchange process.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Now I have been on hold for 5 minutes listening to "please continue to hold for the next available agent",  I really did stupid ordering these from the BOSE website.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-Makes-a-loud-buzz-noise-and-reboots/...

Here is another guy with the loud buzz. There should be a Bose forum dedicated to the 700 buzz. And a warning to buy them from a local store to make returns as easy as buying them.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Headphones are at UPS on their way back.  Probably going to be weeks before I get my money back. If they don't try to play the hassle game, which turns into having to file a credit card dispute. Also if you noticed in the audio playback video and as the other user thread states. The buzz is LOUD compared to music level. Besides causing your heart to skip a beat cuz it just scared the crap out of you first time.  Ya it's painful stinging in your ears for about 30 seconds to a minute after they do that.

Instead of having $400 paper weights laying around until some time this month, next month, next year or ever for a software fix.  I will monitor the Bose website for firmware updates, then I will go buy them at a local store and try them again to see if a software version that was brewed up that makes the headphones simply work as headphones for music fixes it. If not right back to the store they go, all in less than 15 minutes. Not the hours of my time it just took to mail return them for refund. I don't use all that assistant garbage nor will I ever.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Getting the Bose 700's out of my house has started to make me happier, instead of feeling like a chump for over paying for what should have been called a Beta headphone instead of production. As I sit here listening to music flawlessly on my QC35's with the same phone, google music app and music, and it is flawless, just like the last 3 years. No matter where I go, airports, planes, crowded areas, etc. The original QC35's still don't miss a beat and never have.  I will feel completely fine when I see the $425 back in my bank account from the Bose 700 return.   

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

So I went to Target and bought a new set.  Before the new firmware got a chance to update I started using them. So far the new ones with original firmware are working. Unfortunately that BOSE Music app forces updates, so we will see if these keep working after the latest firmware is uploaded. I keep watching that installing update indicator thinking oh man, hopefully not again.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

I am 3 hours in on the 2nd head phones. About 1 hour no issues with factory old firmware, and about 2 hours in on latest firmware.  So far things are working good. Played about 15 songs on my HTC 10 and no buzzing like the other headphones I am returning by UPS. Watched about 1.5 hours of TV with my TAO-Tronics TT-BA07 and no buzzing.  Fingers crossed what ever bug came out in the other head phones don't in this set.  Still some very quick blips of random audio drop here and there but no biggie, Also sometimes they really struggle on switching between devices which the QC35 did not have a problem with.  For now I am just ticked I will probably have to wait 2 weeks to get my $425 back from the Bose online store.  But at least this time around the head phones work acceptably.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Just got off a 1 hour phone call swapping between a few calls and no issues.  I think this second pair of 700's is looking like a winner.