Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Re: Bose 700 buzz reboot can't listen to one full song with out buzzz reboot

I can confirm the issue, for me it is not often, but I have heard the buzz 2 times in the time I have used the headphones, unfortunately the error is sporadic and I cannot return the product.

Bose, this is my first headphones of your brand but until now I have seen many bugs for a product with such price. I really hope you can have a look on this issue.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

I might as well keep posting my life with the Bose 700 vs things that never happened on QC35.  So in a 3 hour conference call using the Bose 700, all of a sudden no audio, I was like what the heck, looked at my phone, call not dropped, turned off blue tooth on the phone, audio was on phone, turned back on Bluetooth on the phone, audio was back on head set, about a minute later same thing again, then next hour no issues.  On QC35's I easily have over 1000's hours of conference calls over the last 3 years and never had an issue.

Next, on the Bose 700, there is a white noise generator in their noise canceling algorithm, to help with this annoying white noise, turn down noise canceling from 10 to about 7, the white noise drops significantly, but is still present, also you will hear after someone stops talking the algorithm winding down the white noise slowly over a second or 2, its annoying, not something the Bose qc35 has. 

On my iPhone 8, the headphones have a weird what sounds like random packet drop randomly occurring, you know, when people are talking tiny pieces of the words go missing and silent, so it sounds choppy. It's random through out the call. Once again never happened on my QC35's. 

I am going to bet the employees at Bose don't use the 700's for conference calls cuz everyone would be like can you repeat that the head phones messed up.

On the flip side still no Buzz yet with the 2nd set.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Re: Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

I TAKE IT ALL BACK. On a conference call right now with a new iphone 8, the headphones went Buzzzzz, restarted with the chime on and then reconnected to the call really quick. I am going to return these head phones to Target. I am done with the Bose 700's and switching back to my qc35's. I can't be on global business calls with this........there it goes again as I type this, Bzzzzzzz restart, reconnect, call never dropped atleast.   Bose has a lot of work to do on the 700's.  I am switching back to QC35's and signing off reporting back my experiences with the 700's cuz they are going back to Target today.   I now have the qc35's back on and are working great. So sad cuz I really wanted that noise canceling microphone, cuz it is really awesome. People can barely hear things in the background.  Especially in airports when usually everyone could hear babies crying in the background and the loud foot traffic. With the 700's that noise is severely lowered down. I ask people on the call if they can hear all the background noise and they say yes but barely. Where as with the QC35's I would have to find a quiet place for meetings. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Yes I have used bose music app and bose updater

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Just for the fun of it, I plugged them into the PC again for updates and is says your product is up to date version 1.3.1

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Leave the head phones on and unplugged during the update. If you plug them in during that super long update, the update will look like it completes fast but really failed and tries again.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Just got back from returning them. The person at the counter said anything wrong with them. I said Bose has a lot of work to do. She said you're not the first one returning them saying something like that.

I will watch for future firmware updates and buy them again with each firmware. Cuz I really really love that noise canceling microphone and want it. But non-crashing headphones takes priority first.   I finished my conference calls problem free today with the qc35's. 

Adding to the list of phone from the linked thread, I use an htc 10 and iphone 8, issues happened on both phones with 700's and no issues on either phone with qc35.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Happened again today. This product is way too expensive to experience these issues when it's brand new. I shouldn't have to troubleshoot 5 different ways with 15 steps each to make it work - and even then it doesn't fix the problem. Please advise. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Can confirm I experienced the same issue today. Bose 700 connected to Samsung S10. Music was playing. Sudden loud buzzing noise out of nowhere and the headphones rebooted. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

I have Bose 700s on which the audio suddenly cuts out, there is a quiet buzz and then they restart. This only happens when the microphone is enabled, but it happens on my MacBook and on my Android phone.

It sounds like this could be a hardware issue given some people have replaced the headphones with new models and not experienced it again?