Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

FYI I just updated to the new FW 1.5.1 and still get the buzz/reboot issue. It wasn't covered (listed in the details) in the fireware update but I had hoped it would do something, but alas...nada.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2020

I've been waiting months for a new update. Finally one arrives and I am still unable to use my headphones... What a slap in the face to your customers 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

Hi, 

I get the same exact issue with the latest firmware. I thought it was my pair so I switched it but still get the loud buzz and sudden reboot. I have iPhone 11 and connecting to a single device didn’t solve the issue. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

@Andy_B 

@Hector_B 

@Tegan_M 

@Jeff_G 

@Charlotte_G 

Could Bose please at least acknowledge that they know this issue exists for 7 months now, and that something will be done?

The firmware update 1.5.1 did not solve this issue. Here are solution that hasn't worked:

• Hard reset.
  • Contacting your support and getting a new headphone. The new headphone started crashing right after the update.
  • Posting on this community in hope to get a working solution.

Here is the problem that has been repeated hundreds of time above:

• On a good day, my headphone restart 30 sec after I turn it on, then connect to all devices, and I'll be able to use it for 10min to 1hour before it screeches loudly in my ears then restart. (Hopefully bose won't wait for people having hearing problems due to this before taking this seriously. A loud screech in your ears on a daily basis can't be healthy)
  • On a bad day, it just keeps on restarting and I can't use it at all.
  • There's not a day when the headphone does not restart

Specs:

• Headphone: Bose NC 700
  • Firmware: 1.5.1
  • Manufacture date: 22 April 2020

Regards

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2020

It's funny. I never thought my $10 earbuds would be better than my $400 Bose headphones. At least the $10 earbuds are actually usable. These Bose headphones are probably going to become outdated by the time they release an update... They should be giving some sort of compensation to all of us.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Sorry for the late reply.  Bose doesn't want anyone discussing...that subject... so I can't really give you a link.  On a completely unrelated note, if you haven't already - head on over to the bose subreddit.  They might have some suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Same thing. 1.51 doesn't do anything for this problem.  Serious buyers remorse.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Wow, the radio silence from Bose on this problem is really telling.  Really wishing I'd gone with the Surface 2's at this point.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

@bose, I hate to come across as a complainer but some acknowledgment from your engineering department that this defect has been replicated and is being addressed would be welcome.  For the price paid for these headphones, customers should not be suffering with these problems. I placed my trust and funds into what I believed was an established audio company. Your actions regarding Bluetooth connectivity, app development and customer support make it seem as if I'm dealing with some startup on a crowd funding site. 

Please make it a priority to provide customer feedback on a regular basis and keep us apprised of progress. That's not too much to ask as a customer. 

Highlighted

Hello Community,

We thank you all very much for your patience at this time. 

We understand your frustrations and I can confirm we are still conducting an investigation for this matter and are actively working on a resolution. 

We appreciate your feedback and will update when we get further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!