Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlotte_G

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

@lunchman No need to worry! We've paused the ability to update to 1.4.1 or beyond whilst our engineering team is still working on a resolution. You can be notified when it becomes available by visiting here - firmware version 1.4.12.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
lunchman
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Thanks, @Charlotte_G . I should have realized that.

It is nice having the headphones back to their full working condition. I have confidence the Bose engineering team will be able to resolve these issues in future FW updates. 

dmeehl
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

No need to worry! We've paused the ability to update to 1.4.1 or beyond

@Charlotte_G Does this mean everyone will be actively moved back to v1.3.1? If not, How can I manually install that version?

Tegan_M

Hi Dmeehl,

If you have already updated to 1.4.12 it is not possible to revert back to v1.3.1.

If however, you are already updated to 1.4.12 you can update the firmware to v1.5.1 in order to address the red and white blinking LED issue. 

Any further questions, let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
dmeehl
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

@Tegan_M Respectfully, I don't care about a blinking light. I care about my $350 headphones being completely unusable because Bose botched the firmware and refuses to let me downgrade it.

lunchman
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

I probably should have placed more emphasis on the question re: how did I receive replacement headphones at 1.4 FW and after the OTA update they were at 1.3.1? I thought all along that firmware downgrades were not possible. I am absolutely certain re: the starting (1.4) and final (1.3) FW versions in these replacement headphones. 

Honestly,  I'm just fine with the 1.3 FW for the time being. 

dmeehl
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

Exactly. That's why I thought we could do the downgrade now. There's simply no reason not to. There are 100s of people who cant use their headphones and the simple fix is to downgrade to 1.3.1. But we cant?! This is not acceptable.

kabum555
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

My headphones suddenly won't connect to my Android phone or the Bose Music app. I think this started after the app changed its interface, so maybe something else also changed.

After resetting everything (clearing the device list from the headphones and forgetting the headphones in all bluetooth devices) and turning the headphones off and back on, the connection sort of works. The phone usually does initially connect to the NCH, but the app doesn't seem to manage to connect. This I wouldn't mind, as everything except the app works great at this point. However, when turning the headphones off and back on, they get stuck when trying to connect the phone. I hear the turning on sound, then "battery X hou-", and at this point it suddenly stops speaking and gets stuck: The noise cancellation is left on, but the buttons and the touch interface of the headphones don't work and the headphones stay completely quiet even when trying to play music. After about a minute the NC turns off, and I hear the turning on tune again, and again "battery X ho-" and it gets stuck again. The cycle continues until I either give up or miraculously the headphones connect.

It's worth noting that this happens only with my phone, and not with my Windows PC. Also, this was not a problem for the first months with the NCH, and started happening only in the last couple of weeks. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting the phone... nothing helped.

It is really annoying to have to go through the process of connecting a new device any time I just want to listen to something from my phone. Any idea what could be the cause of the problem and/or how to fix it?

sydeast
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

@dmeehl  I am with you! Since my last pair practically bricked because of this issue (continuous bootloop no way to stop but to plug it in to turn them off), I've now resorted to keeping this pair turned off until the next firmware update after 1.5 or we get the logical quicker alternate option to downgrade to 1.3. Even the workaround of turning off ANC is not working anymore for me. I was promised a firmware fix by end of the month August by a cs rep over the phone. I am so over this brand.

davidmagun
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Any news??????? It's taking forever!!!