Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

Hi everyone,

I want to provide an update to those of you experiencing a buzz and reboot issue with your NC700 headphones.

First off, thank you to everyone who completed the survey and those who posted their experiences here. The information collected helped us identify that a reboot may occur when the NC700 firmware conflicts with a 3rd party application that supports non-Bose Bluetooth products. At this time, we have only recreated this conflict on Android devices, but have not yet ruled out iOS devices.

If you have third party applications for non-Bose Bluetooth devices that you no longer use, we recommend you delete them.

While we have identified a conflict causing the issue, a firmware update is not available at this time. I will provide communication on the update, but I do not have any timelines on when a release would be made available.

As always, if you experience any issues with your Bose products, local support teams are available to contact here.

Again, we appreciate all your help recreating this and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
nmauldin
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2021

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

I have found numerous posts on this topic and I read thru them and of course did the obligatory confirmation that firmware was up to date, etc.; still, this problem keeps happening. 

Bose product name: NC700

Firmware Version: 1.8.2-11524+eOf7590

App Version: No clue. 

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) Google Pixel 3a XL

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce. Loud buzzing shortly after turning on the headphones followed by a reboot. Continues to do this periodically after this. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) All the time. 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Worked when I bought it, but at some point this started after I did a firmware update. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took. I confirmed that its on the latest firmware. I think I have updated it at least twice and neither time did it fix the issue. I also did a device reset. 

StefanHSoup
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2021

@nmauldin 

Have you got the BOOM & MEGABOOM  app downloaded for UE Booms? 

I uninstalled that and now it works great.

MavXD
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Same for me. Deleting this app fixed the problem. Thank you!

lunchman
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

As an extra data point since I'm the OP of this thread,  I'll add that I do have the UE Boom app installed on my Samsung S8. However, since I use that speaker and the app more often than I use the NC700s, I'm unwilling to remove it. For now I'll continue with the 1.3 firmware which works fine. Hopefully the Bose engineering term will determine root cause. 

On a different thought, let me say that these headphones worked beautifully on a recent flight, drowning out the jet engine noise as expected. Ditto for my wife's QC35 IIs. We could not have tolerated the flight without them.