Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

This happened to me, followed the official Bose guide to reseting the device and it fried the headphones. I would advice anyone having this issue to not following the reset instructions as it obviously doesn't work and risks destroying the headphones.

I had to send mine back for a replacement, luckily i was within warranty with the retailer so i didn't have to deal with Bose shocking customer service & 3+ week repair / replace time.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2020

This is unacceptable. I haven't been able to connect to my headphones in nearly two months, and haven't heard any updates from Bose. It can't be that difficult to fix this issue. At least let us downgrade the firmware temporarily, or give us the option to use some beta firmware.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

https://youtu.be/KjcAk2wBrO8

the Bose 700 Buzz is well known. I purchased 2 pairs. One from Bose.com and one 1 from target. I have returned both.  They both did it with the latest update and it is happening to many other people. All you can do is return the headphones and wait till bose makes announcement they patched it.

Bose is now requesting people with the buzz to go to a special link for help. https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-Makes-a-loud-bu...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

@bose, I would like some reassurance that this issue is being addressed and there are plans to fix it. I'm assuming the silence on your part is an indication that you're testing the heck out of updated firmware to ensure the issue and others get resolved (label me optimistic). If not, please provide a downgrade procedure to the previous firmware version. I don't think that's asking too much as a customer. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Just reading through this thread, and I'm signing in to say "me too"...

I made the mistake of buying mine second hand, If I bought them new I would have taken them back by now... they worked well initially but somewhere along the line they started dropping out whem I'm on a conference call, and rebooting while listening to music. It seems that it only reboots once shortly after I turn them on, then I get several hours uninterrupted music listening until I take a phone call - then it drops out every 30-45 seconds (approximately).

I've tried the firmware updates, and rebooting, resetting device list, and nothing works... 

Does the buzz reboot happen regularly for other people or is it just occassionally?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Exact same problem for me. I called customer support and pointed them to this thread. Unsurprisingly they had no context around this issue and could offer no useful advice. They offered an exchange that would mean I'd be without headphones for up to 4 weeks with shipping back and forth. 

I've found myself watching reviews for other company's headphones. This would be a sad end to my long relationship with Bose. I normally live with these headphones on my head, and lockdown has kicked this up a notch. Such poor timing to release an untested firmware with no option to roll back.

Please at least give an indication that this is being worked on.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

It appears 1.14.2 has been pulled down and 1.3.1 is back online, good. I hope it is possible to "update" to an older firmware.

If there was a more widely available beta program, this dumpster fire of a firmware update would not have happened. I hope Bose takes extra measures to prevent bad firmware updates in the future. This is not acceptable.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Hi, 

Did you find a solution to this problem? 

My headphone was buzzing followed by restart. I replaced it 2 days ago thinking something was wrong with my unit. The Buzz + Restart happened 3 times yesterday. I am on the latest firmware. I am not sure how seriously Bose is taking this :(. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

I'm guessing they're NC 700 sales is so small that they don't give a sh-t about this issue. This update makes an entire line of product unusable but somehow it doesn't get the slightest attention in 6 months. Not even rolling back the software changes.  Very few percentage of people can be bothered to make an account and report here. If there  aret many complaints, imagine the amount of people out there who just silently says: ah screw Bose, I knew they're fake anyway.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

@Bose , I was somewhat hopeful that the 1.5.1 FW update might have inadvertently resolved the buzzing/reboot issue but it still occurs. I agree that resolving the red/white LED problem resulting in non functional headphones was a major priority, needing to be addressed first. 

Please do not forget the issue in this thread as your engineers continue to enhance the firmware in future releases. I'm still not happy that a pair of $400 headphones is subject to such quality defects and I trust that your engineering team will continue working on the remaining list of issues, testing them properly before release.