Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

Re: got Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

Hello to everyone!

So I was facing the exact same issue with my Bose NC 700, each time I turned them on and they connected to my phone S10+ I would get the buzzing sound restart after 30 sec to 1 min of use.

This started actually not related to any update so I thought let's update them and the issue was still there with the 1.7 firmware.

I noticed that the issue was only happening when connected to my phone and not with my PC or Tablet. I tried uninstalling the Bose app (I don't have I on pc or tablet) still the same issue, I reset the connection info on my phone, still the same issue. 

So I've set my phone back to factory settings and reinstalled everything from a backup except the Bose app (not sure if it's a factor) and now the NC 700 are working like a charm again!! 

So if I can advise you instead of sending them back a waiting weeks to get the new ones just rest your phone it's a pain the a#* to do and takes you some time but in the end it works.

And Bose please get your app stuff together with your apps!!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

Hi, I've been having this issue for maybe a month now although I haven't been regularly using my headphones so it hasn't happened enough to worry me.  However, now my headphones are almost unusable.

Firmware: 1.7 (I can't connect long enough in the app before the headphones crash for me to get the detailed firmware but it is 1.7)

App version: 4.1.1

The headphones crash after 20 or so seconds and reboot when connected to my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. There is a loud BZZZZT sound if I'm listening to something at the time, otherwise they silently reboot if nothing is playing.  This happens when I'm connected solely to my phone. They seem to work fine when connected to my LG TV or Lenovo laptop when not connected to my phone.

@bose It's been weeks since your last update, please provide us with one.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Further to my previous post, I've been playing around today to try get my headphones at least briefly usable.  

I have found that if I unpair them from my phone and then turn on the headphones and reconnect them, they work fine for a period.  They then seem to crash again only after I have walked away (well out of Bluetooth range) from my phone and headphones, and then on my return they crash after 20 seconds.  The only factor here that I can think of is my Garmin watch also connected to Bluetooth and the reconnect of my watch is causing Bluetooth issues.  Pausing and playing music doesn't break the headphones provided I am still in range.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Just got my Bose 700 from Amazon and charged and updated them. That was a mistake.

Now they constantly reboot, connect, I play music, loud buzz, then they reboot.

I have the issue when connect to Samsung Note 10+, Android 10, One UI Version 2.1

Issue doesn't seem to happen when I'm only connected to my Windows PC. Defintely an issue with Samsung phone and the Bose.... probably a Samsung issue.

Bose 700 Firmware: 1.7.0-10068+f3675e6

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Re: Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

UPDATE OCTOBER 2020 - Thank you Bose Support

Hi All,

Just an update my side. I finally decided to replace my headphones to see if it was a hardware or firmware issue. I have to give Bose Support credit, I called them and they said they would replace the headphones. A couple of days later the new ones have arrived with 12 month warranty. It's that type of no fuss customer support that has kept me a loyal customer. Hopefully the new firmware has addressed the connection issues. I will update after a week or so of testing.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Funny, totally unlike what you experienced, the CS I talked with, not only refused to replace my unit

but claimed there is no such problem with the headphone. it took over a month to get a new device,

which had the exact problem. 

So, here is the thing. They blatantly lied about the knowledge of the issue, nor they lack the basic effort to search about the problem. The customer service center, even after I provided a link to this thread, said such issue (rebooting) does not exist on NC700 and if it does, it would require a total recall.

Then, I told them I could provide a recording of my device, rebooting with such a noise. They said they don't take any proof from customers and if they cannot reproduce the problem, they cannot replace the device.

It's about three months ago, and I guess the policy has changed on this matter. But remember, @Glen_AU , I bet there were 100 of customers before you that has been fooled, ignored, treated as a liar by the same company that you just commented for their service.

Just like you said their CS is what keeping the customers, I'd literally say the opposite.

They probably have the worst service ever and don't even have a main headquarter to address issues with the customer service center. This means one thing. In cases, you don't get lucky, you wouldn't get the service you paid for, just because. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

@doblej92 It's a real shame we have had polar opposite experiences. It should be the same across the board for everyone. In my case it wasn't just the buzz and reboot, my 700's had also lost 25% of it's battery capacity in 11 months of light usage. This was probably the compelling factor for replacement on Bose side.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Hi there!

Same issue here. 😞 I experienced that weeks ago for the first after having my headphones updates. Last week, the headphones were unable to be used any more, so I sent them back to BOSE who kindly replaced them instantly.

I got my new NC700 yesterday, updated them with the 1.7 firmware - and have that issue again now, but only when they are conneted to my Samsung Galaxy S20 (newest Samsung firmware installed). Maybe this is a Samsung-specific issue related to the current Bose NC700 firmware.

Please fix this, guys! Thank you. 🙂

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2020

Same problems!  Bose, please send out a new firmware version right away that fixes this mess!

I used the Bose app today to upgrade the 700's firmware to 1.7.0-10068+f3675e6.  The app gave me a message that the firmware did not complete successfully right after the headphones rebooted to apply the upgrade.  However, the app now shows that the headphones are up-to-date.

This issue happens even when the headphones are only connected to my Samsung Glaxyy S9 for phone calls.  Before this firmware update, it would only occasionally have this problem.  It was infrequent enough not to be a big deal.  Now though, this firmware version is making the headphones totally unusable by reboot all the time.  It doesn't even last 60 seconds before a reboot.  It also doesn't connect with the app very easily.

I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing, rebooting both the phone and the headphones, but the problem persists.  I was pretty happy with the product until now.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I think we may be on to something here...  Maybe it is something specific to Samsung phones?  I was having the issue after updating to fw 1.7 when connected to my Samsung Note 8.  Totally went away when I replaced them with a set running the old 1.3 fw though. 

It also seemed to happen (but less frequently) when connected to my other devices even when it wasn't paired to my Samsung...  But my phone was always near by.  Maybe just being in proximity is enough. 🙄

I've been running 1.3 daily for about a year with only a single reboot.  So maybe it's something to do with the combination of 1.7 and Samsung phones.