Re: Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

Hi Glen,

Thanks for confirming this for us. 

Just so you're aware, and I apologise for not clearing this up earlier, when using a cabled connection your headphones will disable all Bluetooth functionality, this will include the touch signals on your headset minus the volume up and down function. 

We thank you for taking the time in performing this troubleshooting and I apologise that these have not resolved this issue. At this point, I would recommend that you reach out to your local support team for further assistance regarding this matter.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be more than happy to get this resolved for you.

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello,

The loud buzz noise and reboot happened to me today. First I couldn't connect to the bose music app to see if the firmware was up to date, so I followed this thread and got it to connect.

Now the bose updater keeps failing, so I am unable to check that. These headphones are brand new.... 

Any help would be appreciated to make sure this doesn't happen again. I am using a Pixel 2 XL and confirm location permissions are on all the time after doing all of the resetting the above troubleshooting required.

Hello makeitworkspls,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am truly sorry to hear that you are also experiencing some software issues with your NC Headphones 700. 

Are you using the Bose Updater online at btu.bose.com or through the app?

Could you please confirm any other troubleshooting steps that you have already performed so that I do not ask you to repeat any steps?

Additionally, have you tested the wired connection as mentioned in this thread.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a headphone jack to test the wired method with. My connections are all USB-C, and I don't have an adapter. I tried the bose updater on both the app and on the phone. 

Thanks!

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello makeitworkpls,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We can continue to run through some troubleshooting to try to get this resolved for you, let's try resetting the headphones and clearing the pairing list of the headphones and your Pixel 2. To clear the headset memory of previously connected Bluetooth® devices, power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

Can you also confirm that you have tried the btu.com updater on the computer, as it does not work on a cellular device.

I look forward to hearing from you, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

HI All,

At this point in time the issue has disappeared. The only change I have done is delete a Bluetooth profile on the iPhone. When I customised the name of the Bose 700 it created 2 bluetooth profiles on the iPhone. I deleted the default name and left the new custom name profile. So far so good. Not holding my breath but I will continue testing over the next few weeks.

Glen

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Bose 700 buzz reboot can't listen to one full song with out buzzz reboot

Could someone give me the address of the electrical design engineer for the piece of garbage Bose 700, I have 5 patents myself maybe he needs some help? I only get about a minute of music before Buzz and reboot disconnect.  I am sure you people at Bose know the who, what and why, so don't tell me your engineers are stupid, and release the update to fix it. My QC35 work flawlessly. Except the microphone for calls picking up a pin dropping in the back ground. 

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Re: Bose 700 buzz reboot can't listen to one full song with out buzzz reboot

Pretty close to just smashing these headphones on the floor, you tubing it and mailing it back. I am willing to fly to Bose and help them with the engineering what they can't figure out.  Engineers at Bose try me, give me access to your JTAG and other tools. I am sure there was an engineer running around that new about this and you silence them cuz the qc35 work perfect on the same phone for years till this garbage product 700 came out. I am requesting a full return. My bad for buying them from the Bose website so I have to eat the shipping cuz I didn't buy from Target so they eat the return cost. Should have bought from a store for additional protection for a garbage product. H0

ell as I was typing this with no music from last crash it still restarted again. Stay away from Bose 

Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hey EP, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you have had this experience and I completely understand your frustrations, let's look into this further for you. 

So that I don't get you to repeat any steps that you have already attempted can you please confirm which troubleshooting steps you have attempted so far to resolve this? 

If you haven't attempted any so far, let's start with ensuring that the headphones are running the latest software version by connecting them to a PC and visiting our Bose Online Updater, then follow the instructions to update the headset. 

We can also attempt to connect the headset to a few other devices to see if you still have the same odd audio buzzing issue occur, this will allow us to identify if the issue is with the headset or the device. 

Another step we should attempt is to perform a product reset to the device by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other users are having this issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!