db207
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Bose 700 high pitched noise and reboot

I'm experiencing several issues with my Bose NC 700 headphones making them unusable. The headphones randomly reboots in cycles. Once I'm able to connect, after a few minutes of a working connection, I hear a high pitched noise and then it reboots and the problem start again. I've tried resetting my headphones and different configurations but the problem persists. I contacted Bose´s customer service and they sent me a new Bose 700 but I had exactly the same problem with the new pair. Therefore, I contacted Bose´s customer service AGAIN and now they will send me another new pair. I am still waiting for the second pair but I have to recognise that after paying 350 pounds I have started to lose my confidence in the brand!!!

badwolf1084
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

Re @bose 

Purchesed 20/11/2020 

If anyone else is having a similar experience, please can you provide the following details below in this thread.

• Bose product model - Bose 700 headphones black
  • Bose product firmware version -  Version 1.8.2
  • Bose app version - 4.1.1
  • A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Opened box, charged headphones. Installed bose app then successfully connected headphones to my Samsung s20 Phone. Registered device to Bose account. Headphones working fine with no issues. Notification of firmware update for headphones, download and install via the app on the phone. Headphones reset after installation and now constantly buzz and reboot whenever they are turned on while my phone's Bluetooth is turned on. Headphones do not reset when my phones Bluetooth is turned off, which kinda defeats the purpose 
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F Android version 10
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? The issue occurred as soon as the firmware was updated, the headphones functioned correctly prior to installation. 
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any. I have does the Headphones reset steps. and removed then reinstalled the app. cleared BT connection cash.

I hope this issue is rectified soon. It's disappointing for a premium product to have such a large issue.

hsaaa
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

I have the exact same issue with my computer (linux) and phone s9+

Rafi
Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Same Issue here! Very annoying! Now waiting since more than 6 months for the problem to be solved!

My details:

• Samsung (SM‑A530F) running Android 9 , latest updates from Samsung
  • face issue since firmware is higher than 1.3.1 somewhere in April this year?
  • with a competitor product of half of the price I've no issues with the same phone. This is actually my solution to properly work! So the Bose 700 is at the moment completely useless for my work as I cant use it with the phone and the PC!
  • app version 4.1.1

Another proposal:

• Maybe Bose just realizes that they've an issue if we all start to return the products under warranty.
  • Keep doing that warranty returning until it's solved!

Xtofvm
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Same issue here. Never had any issue, but when I tried to watch Netflix on my MacBook Air (M1) with latest firmware, it kept on crashing after a few minutes - even sometimes in a loop. 

Zillungk
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

I had the same issue with my old pairs. Bose replaced them and I got my new pairs yesterday. I did the update and now i am stuck again with he same issue. Not as bad as with my old pairs, but since yesterday it crushed again 5 times... Unexceptable! Sucks so bad....

Mattyku
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Received a replacement, and of course as soon as I update the firmware the issues start to happen. It's been 2 years Bose. Please fix your headphones, I paid so much money for them!

pachecod
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I am having the same issues. I am using a Note 20 Ultra 5G, so there is plenty of resources to handle the BT, I suspect. The issues happen with 1 or 2 devices connected. I usually have the headphones connected to the Samsung Note 20 (Android 10, latest updates) and to my laptop fitted with the Bose USB Link. The buzz and rebooting is random. Sometimes it happens within minutes of usage, sometimes I can go for hours without issues. Being random, I have found it hard to replicate to get more assistance. However, if Bose is still working on future firmware updates to solve the issue, it would be good to know so. 

Should I contact my regional support to have these headphones assessed? This is my first pair of wireless Bose headphones. I never had an issue with my wired, in ear QuietComforts. As many of you have mentioned, I have other wireless brands (Sony, Samsung and Plantronics that provide a more reliable experience for a fraction of the price of the 700. Bose, please do something about this!

alexme
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Like many other people in the forum that have received no resolution from the heaps of posts I have already read here and on reddit, my NC 700 will not connect to my Galaxy S21 and also my previous Galaxy S10.

I thought maybe it would just be my S10 but it doesn't work with my new S21 setup fresh. I have tried a reset of network settings and also the clearing of all devices from the headset.

It works for a while if I turn my phone off and back but then it will reset after 10-20 minutes. As soon as I turn off the headphones and try again, it always goes into a reboot loop.

Running latest firmware 1.8.2.

The headphones connects and work great with my laptop and an iPhone. But I bought these to use with my phone. Regretting purchase. Please provide a solution.

kritischerpunkt
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Same problem here. I had no problems with these headphones for almost a year and then I started having this issue and others. See Below.

Android App Version: 4.2.4

NC700 Firmware 1.8.2

Samsung TV: Q60

Historical Issues

1 - Volume control is buggy. Need to select QC700 after connecting. Then volume will control. This could be Samsung

2 - Max volume gets lower, even after performing the workaround on 1

3 - Intermittently completely unable to connect headphones. ESPECIALLY when there is some kind of update

4 - Updates break functionality

Workaround so far. Problems started in the summer of 2020.

1-Delete from TV, reboot

2-Delete from phone 

3-clear pairing history on device

4-update firmware from android app.

5-Pray

I've contacted phone support. They like to interrupt me when I'm explaining what I've tried and sound less like tech support each time I talk with them.

There's a LOT going on here. Interconnectivity problems can be blamed almost anything. I don't care who's to blame. I want the headphones to work again.

My father has hearing issues and I've spent hours and hours trying to fix the low volume issue on it's own.

I suspect the BLE "features" keeps talking to my phone even when it's not paired and is causing problems. I can't prove anything though.

What I want is:

1 - TO DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE! I JUST WANT STUPID BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES THAT DON'T NEED FORCED UPGRADES THAT BREAK FUNCTIONALLITY

2 - Give us the downgrade utility and access to .bin files

Between the Bose App, Android, BLE, and Samsung they all seem to be fighting for dominance and I'm once again supporting Bose products