Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

After the last update (may 2020) my head phones reboot every time i start them. I have them connected to my samsung s8+ this was never a problem until the last update ?? I know when they are going to do it because when i turn them on they say "connecting to Samsung s............" REBOOT !! then they work fine until i turn them off and go to use them again, and we go thru the process again. Also every now and again they get "stuck" on a sound and reboot, this does not happen that often, again never happened until the last update. Hope you can help ? I do love the sound on these !!! please fix them ASAP !

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Bose product model

NC 700

SN: 078702Y91835197AE

Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

1.4.12.6283.9f658fd

Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

Bose Music app, Android version 3.3.4

A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When turning headphones on, there will be an abrupt pause/freeze during the battery announcement or "connected to Pixel 2 XL" announcement. Attempt to play audio through headphones, no sound will come through, although on phone it looks like device is connected and playing through Bluetooth device. Headphones will be unresponsive, will not respond to any button presses or button long holds. After approx 20 seconds, can hear click of ANC switching off, then back on, then headphones power on sound and battery/connection announcements. This will then loop, i.e. headphones will be unresponsive, hear them turn off and on, automatically reconnect to phone and get announcements, unresponsive, loop begins again. Loop can be stopped by switching off Bluetooth on phone to avoid automatic reconnection, headphones will then act normally until they re-pair to the phone. When they re-pair to the phone, they become unresponsive again.

Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

Any location, and regardless of connection to wifi network or not. This started after updating the device firmware. This problem can be reproduced every time I try to turn on my headphones.

What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

Google Pixel 2 XL on Android 10

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Immediately after updating firmware to latest version. Before this, headphones worked perfectly on all my devices. These still work perfectly fine on a family member's Pixel 2 that doesn't have Bose music installed.

Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any

Reset headphones (using button and cable method), cleared headphone pairing list, removed headphones from phone bluetooth paired devices, rebooted phone, re-paired with headphones. Uninstalled bose music app, cleared google play cache.

UPDATE: I found a work-around: I turn bluetooth off on my device, then turn headphones on. This causes them to start up normally. As they're trying to connect, I then turn bluetooth back on and headphones connect without problems. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Re: Bose 700 - Makes a loud buzz noise and reboots

Just bought those headphones and updated firmware yesterday. I had the same problem, while being connectes to a laptop making Teams call and also connected to a Pixel 2. Headphones kept rebooting and reconnecting.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I recently received replacements 700 from Bose and all was good. Unfortunately, the app automatically updated the firmware and now they are crap again. The buzzing is back along with the random reboots. What really bothers me in addition to the above is when you install the app, it forces you to enable notifications. I have since disabled notifications so when the next pair show up, hopefully they won't get a firmware upgrade. I'm sure the next time the app get's an update, they'll re-enable notifications. 

Bose, never again will I buy a product from your company. Your product quality is in the sh*tter. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

@Hector_B I tried to return my product.  My headphone was not usable with this and other problems, and sent it to the Korean Bose representatives(SEGO ELECTRONICS). Only to hear they cannot fix nor replace it as they cannot reproduce the problem.  

They asked me to have 10 days of rest period just in case, but they were skeptical

When I suggested I could send them a recording of the problems, they said they don't take any recordings and it wouldn't be an evidence of the problem. Whatever that means.  

From my experience rebooting and shuttering happened in ANY environment. About 6 different phones and 2different desktops and 3 laptops. Yet, somehow the second it went to the repair center, they just cannot reproduce the problem. 

I suggested them that I could send my recordings of the problems or I can show it by myself as well, but they wouldn't take any of it. And claimed it is the boss policy to reproduce this kind of symptoms in a specific environment and specific time. 

I've been a boss lover for a very long time but now I know I should never ever use boss in Korea as when they just lie that they cannot reproduce problems users are experiencing, there is nothing I can do with it. 

Is there anything I could try? Or is their any complaints I could 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

NC 700 makes a loud buzz noise and reboots and unable to replace the product.

Similarly to the post below, I am suffering from the reboot of the device.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-Makes-a-loud-buzz-noise-and-reboots/... 

According to my findings, the reboot happens 100% of times when powered on for the first time of the day, on any devices of choice (Android, Iphone, CRS powered laptop, Intel chipset network desktops and etc). The problem is, if there is any music playing at the moment of the restart, it would make a LOUD cracking noise piercing through my ears.

I already tried to change my product according to the suggestion made in the post above. However, my local supports,  Bose Korea (Segi electronics) claimed that they could not reproduce the problem. (And they will NOT take video or sound recordings as a proof) 

As I was also suffering from shuttering and cut off of sounds when connected to multiple devices, I asked them to check. Shockingly they claimed that it is normal to suffer from shuttering and cut off on Bluetooth devices. 

This is the worst customer service I've ever gotten from any manufacturers and frankly, I don't get the reproduce procedure BOSE is enforcing. According to Segi Electronics, BOSE international is forcing them to reproduce every problem before any replacement. Which doesn't make any sense, (and I think this is a blatant lie for sure.)

The test environment cannot possibly have every Bluetooth chipset and others. 

What if the product is only faulty on specific BT chipsets? Say, intel 7200, 8200, and CSR chipsets. It would make the headphone unusable with millions of laptops and desktops yet if the test environment only has 9200 chipsets, I wouldn't get the replacement of the product that I desperately need for it to work. Maybe BOSE headquarters have such an environment, but not others.

1) Is there any form of complaint I can raise against the customer service I've got? 

2) Can I, if possible, send my product to another country for repair/replacement? 

3) Is there any way to downgrade firmware without voiding the warranty?

Korean consumers are already suffering in many other aspects, such as not getting any extension of warranty even when the product has been replaced or higher price of products. I don't really know why the Korean market has been trashed by BOSE international, but if there is any way the community can help me, It will be deeply appreciated. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

If anyone else is having a similar experience, please can you provide the following details below in this thread.

• Bose product model - Bose NC 700 Headphones (Manufacture Date 07/06/2019)
  • Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) - 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
  • Bose app version (screenshot if possible) - Bose Music 3.3.4
  • A detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - Buzz Reset; My Voice Garbbled to other party  when Call-Waiting triggered (have to turn off/on); After overnight charging, 14 hr battery, app says 80% Charged
  • Where do you run into the issue? Random Where and when did it first occur? after firmware update
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Note 8, Android 9; Surface Book 2 running Windows 10 PRO; (usually both connected)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? (see above)
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any - None
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

How is this a different issue than this one? It is exactly the same issue. Buzzing and rebooting. 

The same issue has existed since the lunch of NC700, and it seems like the issue is occurring to more devices through firmware updates, or at least more people are experiencing the issue.

I wonder how come this is not pinned like shuttering although people are continuously affected by this issue. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Brand new Bose 700 reboots(buzz sound)

Brand new Bose NC 700

- reboots constantly, sometimes with buzzing sound

- new Bose Music app is not even able to detect them

I've seen posts around this before but no real solution to them...? anyone?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Re: Brand new Bose 700 reboots(buzz sound)

You're not alone. If you can, return them ASAP.