Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xiaorrulez
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2021

BOSE NC 700 1.8.1 Crash, Crackle, Buzz, Restart. 1.3.1 is fine

Bose product name NC 700

Country Australia

Firmware Version 1.8.1

App Version ???

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Everything that uses Bluetooth connections

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Upgrade headphone firmware to 1.8.1, use any Bluetooth device

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Any

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Got worse ever since we departed from 1.3.1, errors and restarts more frequent. 1.8.1 unbearable, restart every time Bose Music android app tries to connect and every few minutes listening to music.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Returned the old pair for repairs and got a new pair. Worked fine, then upgraded to latest 1.8.1 firmware and happens again. Downgraded to 1.3.1 and smooth as butter (Yes I know not supported and discouraged, but I want to be able to use my $400 investment)

Look, it's simple, firmware is a disaster. Been months now. Fix it. I didn't post any links or instructions to downgrade, so hope this post won't be deleted, otherwise I can only post my question on review sites.

Also, I know BOSE devs are thinking about taking away the ability to downgrade all together. If you do and force me to an unusable firmware, small claims court for sure. Don't do it unless you can produce a 'smooth as butter' firmware as it should be. Save the new features for NC 700 II or something if the current processor or ram can't handle it

Nattttt
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2021

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Buzzing followed by Headphone Reboot

Hello Ive just got a brand new 700 noslise cancelling headphones and the buzzing thing keeps happening does anyone know how to fix it 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

lunchman
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

@bose:  It has been nearly one year since I first opened this thread. In that time there has been no resolution to this product defect. One survey which doesn't appear to have been acted upon and a multitude of owners whose headphones are still buzzing and rebooting with any firmware higher than 1.3. Sigh.

Can the mods at least provide an update as to whether this defect is under investigation and if there's any chance of it being resolved in future firmware? It's annoying to own what should be a high quality product, not be able to use them to their fullest and have no indication from Bose as to the status.

My NC700s remain at 1.3 firmware, I do not have the Music app installed to prevent unwanted updates and they will remain as such until this defect is permanently resolved. I can not recommend this product to others, the Bose experience has been very disappointing. 

Mods, please update this thread with the current status of your engineering team's investigation. 

Regards

xiaorrulez
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2021

@Nattttt  Return them while you can and get a WH-1000XM4. I'm super regretful that I didn't. Also has LDAC support.

To fix it, most have had success going back to 1.3.1 software, myself included. Not allowed to talk about downgrade here, but Google and ye shall find

StefanHSoup
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2021

Hi All,

Just got my second pair of NC700's after the first was replaced. Wanted to chime in and say that I'm still having this problem as well.

Phone: Pixel 5 on Android 11

Headphone Firmware: 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

I really like these headphones for work and would get them for my whole team, but this issue is inexcusable. Bose, fix your gear.

Marvin_B

Hi StefanHSoup.

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Community!

Sorry that you are having issues with your headphone. I suggest that you try to troubleshoot it by doing the steps from this LINK.

Let us know how it went and hope that helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
StefanHSoup
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2021

Hi Marvin, I've followed all the troubleshooting steps provided by Bose previously.

Surely it wouldn't be hardware issue that requires another replacement, are there any firmware updates scheduled in the pipeline that could resolve this issue?

Martin K
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2021

I still have the same problem with a S20+. I am now on my third headset with firmware 1.8.2. The headset crashes constantly. Tech support guys seem to be completely unaware of the problem and some even dispute that this kind of issue could exist. This is extremely frustrating and I don't understand that nobody at HQ is seeing this issue and is dealing with this issue.

Take a look at the ratings of the app in the Google Play Store, more and more one star ratings. Bose really has a problem with software.

Please take this issue seriously and  fix the firmware!!

maheffa
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

FIXED!!

I fixed mine (at least, no buzzing and reboot for week while it used to happen few times a day) with the following step:

• Remove Ultimate Ear Boom app
  • Remove all paired Bluetooth devices
  • Restart my phone
  • Remove my phone from the device list on Bose app
  • Do "factory reset" of the headphone (that hold and plug thingy)
  • Pair back Bose.

I haven't paired any new devices to my phone and so far I still don't have an issue.

You can pair back devices and install your Bluetooth controlling apps back one by one and see which one conflict.

Bose, this should be enough to hint you where to look at. Either it was UE Boom was the culprit, or you just don't work well with other Bluetooth apps 

StefanHSoup
Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2021

Hi All,

Just FYI per the above post - I've uninstalled the 'Ultimate Ears' app for the UE Boom and this appears to have resolved the issue.

Not sure what was going on, but relieved nonetheless.