Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement
As you might have seen, we released an update to the firmware of the Noise Cancelling 700 (version 1.4.12) on the 12th May and while we have received some great feedback from the Community, we have noticed that some users have mentioned that the announcement for the battery level will not exceed 17 hours, even when the battery is fully charged.
If you have identified this as an issue for you, there are couple of troubleshooting steps we would like you to try. Firstly, make sure that your Bose Music app is updated to version 3.3.4 (v1.8.1 for for the Bose Music App in China - Bose音乐) and then try a reset of your headphones:
1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.
If the issue persists, we would love to investigate and for this we need to gather some information. Here is the information that we would like you to provide us:
• Bose product model
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.
Thank you for your cooperation and for taking the time to tell us more about it.
If you would like to know more about the latest firmware update or if you would like to give us some feedback that is not related to the topic of this thread, check out this post.
We look forward to hearing from you!
[Update 21 May]
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback regarding their reported battery life after updating to the recent Noise Cancellation Headphone 700 firmware. Based on your reports, we were able to reproduce the battery announcement that you have been experiencing.
At this time, our engineering team should not need any further details regarding the issue and is working on it. Your feedback has been critical to us being able to reproduce this issue, and once more, we thank you.
We appreciate your patience while we address this for you! We will provide an update soon.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!