Highlighted
Community Manager

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hey everyone,

As you might have seen, we released an update to the firmware of the Noise Cancelling 700 (version 1.4.12) on the 12th May and while we have received some great feedback from the Community, we have noticed that some users have mentioned that the announcement for the battery level will not exceed 17 hours, even when the battery is fully charged.

If you have identified this as an issue for you, there are couple of troubleshooting steps we would like you to try. Firstly, make sure that your Bose Music app is updated to version 3.3.4 (v1.8.1 for for the Bose Music App in China - Bose音乐) and then try a reset of your headphones:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.

If the issue persists, we would love to investigate and for this we need to gather some information. Here is the information that we would like you to provide us:

• Bose product model
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

Thank you for your cooperation and for taking the time to tell us more about it.

If you would like to know more about the latest firmware update or if you would like to give us some feedback that is not related to the topic of this thread, check out this post.

We look forward to hearing from you!

[Update 21 May]

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback regarding their reported battery life after updating to the recent Noise Cancellation Headphone 700 firmware. Based on your reports, we were able to reproduce the battery announcement that you have been experiencing.

At this time, our engineering team should not need any further details regarding the issue and is working on it. Your feedback has been critical to us being able to reproduce this issue, and once more, we thank you.

We appreciate your patience while we address this for you! We will provide an update soon.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
282 REPLIES 282
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I have had my Bose 700 headphones for 2 days and After fully charging them the app and voice prompt says that I have about 17 hours and 30 min left. I charge them for about 10 min more even though the battery light is solid white (telling that it’s fully charged) and it doesn’t change. I have tried to restart my headphones with your online instructions but I can’t tell if it’s been done correctly and I have seen no change. Please help me fix this issue because battery is very important to me.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 13, 2020

hello,yesterday I tried to update my Bose ANC 700 with latest Firmware update. My headset is also affected the samy way like others have reported. On Full charge it shows maximum 17 hours and 20 to 30 mins. Dont know how to attach screenshots.

I updated to FIRMWARE VERSION 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd.

I even tried to reset the headphone as per given standard procedure but no success..

Also during the live calls through phone or some app, if I cycle through ANC levels, I do not get the voice feedback of the recorded voice. Earlier I guess this feedback was working.

These are 2 main issues, please look into it and try to resolve it asap. We have lot of respect for Bose products. Please do not let down Bose with such untested and forced update. Also provide user the option to update with firmaware or not to update.

Quick response and fixes from your team is awaited

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 14, 2020

• Bose product model: NC700
    • Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): https://imgur.com/0KDYf4e
    • Bose app version (screenshot if possible): https://imgur.com/2KysIxR 
    • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: after update 1.4.12 plugged device to pc to charge it and when white LED stopped blinking i've unplugged it, turned it on, and the "lady" said that battery has 16 hours. I've resetted the device from manual on website, but no change. Same issue while with laptop's usb or smartphone charger
    • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?: after update and "full" charge.
    • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9): headphones
    • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?: After update. Previously it worked just fine
    • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.: launch the headphones, or check battery status by press+hold right earcup.

More details:

imgur.com/psSywB7

update: charged it fully again, and it said "battery: 14 hours". I've resetted it couple times, and now it's 15h. I'm afraid that it might soon not show any battery left 😕

update#2: I've downgraded the firmware back to 1.3 and it's now charging well. I've noticed that the LED is now blinking differently than after update (now it's like 1 sec on, 1 sec off. After 1.4 it was blinking 2secs on, 1 sec off). Don't know if it'll be any help, but wanted to mention about it.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2020

¡Hola,hola!

I have the same problem that several have reported.  When the charge is 100% complete, the headphones announce 17 hours of charge and a few minutes. I am using them on iOS iPhone with the latest version of iOS 13.4.1

I did several tests.  I uninstalled the app and disconnected the Bose from Bluetooth.  I also reset the iPhone.  The problem persists.

Today Thursday May 14th in the morning after loading them I realized.

mod. 794297-0100

[removed by moderator]

firmware. 1.4.12

app versión. 3.3.4

iphone iOS 13.4.1

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2020

My updated my headphones 2 days ago later i finished using them and charged them up un pluged them said battery full 17 hours 39 mins i used them for 2 or so hours and the battery life didn't change used for another 2 hoirs and the battery went down normaly then i charged them again and again 17 hours 39 mins i rebooted them 4 times nothing happened then then they went down normal from 17 hours 39 mins to 17 hours 2 mins then i shut them off then later i put them back on and the battery life went up 2 mins every minute or so bose please fix this they work just fine its just the firmware and i cant make a warranty claim because it is to dangerous to go out i love these they are the best but i cant wait 6 more months for a firmware update because my warranty will end by then bose please fix this bug the headphones worked just fine i need these for school and for quarantine chill. Bose fix this asap please

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I first noticed the issue when I performed the update and battery time significantly reduced. I have attached screenshots of the indicated battery time just before the update completed and right after. I've also attached a screenshot of my phones bluetooth menu which indicates 80% charge. That screenshot is taken right after fully charging (no more blinking light) 

Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/whnfd0llc32go4j/AACoA4Fg3ycUxeNftPFimHl-a?dl=0

You guys keep recommending to do a reboot/reset, but taking those steps has absolutely no noticeable effect. I've tried countless times and not once did I get any confirmation of the reboot actually happening.

I'm using the headphones with a galaxy s10 plus and a macbook pro on the latest version of macos 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hi all,
I waited at least a day before provide my feedback on the new firmware version.

I'm using the headset with two device always connected (Android 10 and Win 10). With previous firmware version, after the end of the first sound execution from PC, a crackly sound was emitted from the headphones. To solve this I had to turn off one device connection.

For me, with this firmware version, this huge problem was solved.

There are still two problems, that I try to summarize below:

• The battery duration annunced with this firmware is low. Before, a full charge was 20 hours, now is 16 hours. I don't know if this is only a bug on the annuncement or the duration is really less. I didn't done lot of tests (I just seen a separate thread for this topic)
  • There is still a crackly sound problem (not as annoying as the previous one): when you try to play something from phone or PC there is an initial delay, as if the headphones woke up. This delay cause to lose short sounds. For example, with a serie of whatsapp messages, the first notification sound is lose. Plus the initial part of first sound emitted by the headset is disturbed by a crackling. This isn't a problem if you are hearing a long song, you will have some very short crackling at the beginning of video and later no more disturbances. But it become a problem with Windows notifications. Each notification has the first part of sound cutted, and the rest disturbed with crackling.

In general I have the felling that this firmware is better that previous one. The general quality during the calls is better and it seems that noise canceling is also better (but this is a personal evaluation).

I believe that solving the previous problems (especially the second) we will have a very good product. Little is missing but we are not completely there yet.

Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Same problem for me, 16/17 hours with a full charge. After update the battery charge shown by application was reduced from 10 hours to 8 hours.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Mine are even worse than others.  
After updating to version 1.4.12 mine now only charge to a maximum of 15hrs 50mins. 

Tried doing the reset, but as others indicate, almost impossible to tell if it has worked. The instructions also do not state if you should start the procedure with the AC700’s on or off. 
Come on Bose, you must have checked basics like battery level after an update?