joekix
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

• Bose product model

nc-700

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

https://imgur.com/a/336W0e9

• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

https://imgur.com/a/AkpEUbO
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Charged until I get a solid light and I get anywhere from 14-16 hours.  Before, it would say fully charged.  My headphones were just replaced last month.

• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

When I updated because of the added equalizer.  Wish I read the forum before I updated.  I usually do too.

• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

So far I've only noticed the battery issue.

• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

After I updated

• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.

I tried the reset but I don't know if I did it correctly.  At one point I thought I bricked them because they would not power on or anything, but they powered on eventually.  You should make resetting them easier.  You guys have way too many steps.

Vello Tusti
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

I have repeatedly done a reset as described in the manual (hold power, connect the cord, etc.). but it has not helped so far. Now I try to drain the battery completely first and see what happens next, although some who have done it before have not been helped. It has even happened that the headphones do not work at all after that. But then they can be returned to the store at least immediately!

In fact, Bose should take the problem very seriously and do so as soon as possible, because even if the software update responsible for charging the battery fails, it could, in the worst case, damage the batteries in all headphones where the faulty software is already installed, causing irreparable financial damage. As happened when Bose introduced noise-masking earplugs, which soon had to be bought back.

JGracia
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Good day, I have several comments about the update that I have noticed so far one of them the battery. (In which topic can I share all my comments.)
The total charge is 17 hours of battery ... Previously mentioned more than 20 hours. I already followed the reboot steps and am getting no changes.
Product: NC-700
Firmware: 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
Manufacturing date: November 20, 2019
App firmware: 3.3.4

henryjrm1970
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I have gone from no more then 18 hrs batt life on previous update to 16 hrs or less with this last update.  We're going backwards Bose.  I tried the reset 4 times connected to charging again 2 times and cannot get more then 16 hrs....this is 4 hrs less then advertise.  Not sure what to do.  Maybe go back to my Quiet Comfort noise canceling 15.....

Model: NC700

Firmware: 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd

Manufacture date: June 11 2019

Android app version: 3.3.4

Stacyc55
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

I got my second pair of headphones after my first pair refused to charge past 18 hours. It's been four months with this second set and the two hour hanging loss happened again. Then, with this new update for the headphones it won't charge past 16 hours. I've tried the reset to no help. So frustrating to spend this much money on what is supposed to be a superior product. 

Vello Tusti
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

I've been keeping the headphones on for 20 hours in a row to see what happens when the battery is finally completely discharged or when it actually runs out. And so far, all the information about battery charge has been one big BS and a mystique. For example, now, after almost 20 hours of use, the expected battery life has dropped from the original 16 hours to only 12 hours, while in the meantime it has even risen slightly above the original 16 hours! However, when the battery is completely discharged, I want to test the whole cycle (charging-discharging) correctly from start to finish and publish the exact results here as well. But in any case, it is clear that Bose is no longer the company I would like to recommend to anyone or buy more from them. Two defective products in a row are already too much. As is the asking price for scrap.

ducfilan
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2020

You can, I downgraded to 1.3.1 because of 2 problems: 

1. Battery level

2. Stuttering

Vello Tusti
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

ducfilan: I downgraded to 1.3.1...
How?

Sumeshdubey
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Bose product model
NC 700 HP
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
Serial number - [Removed by Moderator]
Date of manufacture - 16 Jan 2020
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)
3.3.4 (Installed on iPhone XS)
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
After first connect after buy to app and update firmware on first charging - endless charging and max 16 hours using time or 80 % charging in phone BT data. Tested whit different charger and multirestart (BT button + cord plug in). Please try to find a solution as I even feel that the NC level is also reduced. Lot of stutter while watching a Video

Daydr3am3r_
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Dear, may I know how to downgrade the firmware?