Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

hi all,

I'm glad this update finally came.

- I missed the equalizer

- the multi-device connection seems to be solved - but still testing

• Bose product model -- Bose Noise Cancelling 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) -- 1.4.12
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) -- 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - after the firmware update the max charging I got was 14h 15min
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? - immediately after upgrade
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) -- iPhone X IOS 13.4.1
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? - after upgrade, before upgrading the max went much higher ---- update --- actually I do not remember seeing 19, so 18+
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. - hard restart as described in this thread, some improvements, some weird values, still not max.

and now things get hairy:

• initial after upgrade max charging 14h+
  • after first hard reset charging went to 17h+
  • after countless hard resets (clean BT connections from everywhere including 700) went 18h+
  • after the last reboot app shows 1day 9hours 37min - this blows my mind ... headset say 17h
  • after one more connect disconnect now app shows 17h 51min and headset says 17h 

I just hope the below link works, my laptop is corporate-controlled, I cannot access the imgur site to verify.

https://imgur.com/q/NwsPNKY

update after last full charge - I'm good with this:

--- headset says  "battery full"

--- app shows 18h 17min

thank you,

robert

Vello Tusti
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Thanks for the links and good ideas, but before I downgrade, I still want to find time to thoroughly test what exactly happens to this battery charge, and maybe Bose will be able to invent something in the meantime. So far, the good thing is why not bringing these headphones back to the store in a hurry is an incredibly good and sensitive BT signal receiver that doesn't give compared to the QC 35 used so far! Works so far even in the most extreme conditions!

ZaBurz
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I've only downgraded, as after couple recharges, it started to showing less and less time with "full" battery. Now it's working perfectly fine as before.

Mustafa Sirri
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2020

I have updated my Bose NC700 to use the Equalizer feature, which you announced a few days ago. After that, I noticed that I'm losing my charge, and the headphone isn't charging at all. I tried plugging it in different USB ports and directly to electricity, but it didn't work either. I noticed that when I plug it in, first, it blinks in red, then multiple blinks in white afterward it disappears. Firmware Version 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd. I hope you can fix this issue urgently; I'm left with less than 4 hours charge!

AlbertJohns
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

I purchased my Bose 700 this afternoon. Charged it till the white light stopped blinking. 

Now when I’m using it, the batter only says that there's just 2 hours of life remaining. The app also shows just as much. 

Is this an issue with the app? Is that why the battery report when you tap and hold the touchpad says the same?

Please update.

Sup57
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

So:  Update:  New variation to battery charge level issue.  See my previous updates here for earlier results.

Headphone battery indication:  16 hours.  App:  16h46m.    Connected the 700's to charge:  Bose cable to USB port.    White headphone led flashing.    Approx 60 minutes later:  solid white battery indicator.  Headphones announcement: "Battery full"  yay!  😀   App 16h46m    ugh!  😕 

Performed 3 resets as per Bose specs, and -nothing- else:

Headphones:   "16 hours"   

App: 16hrs 58min  double "ugh": 😲 🤔

Hopes this helps to narrow it down.  Based on the above, it almost seems like the problem is a "moving target".  Good luck

WF7A
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Same problem: 16-hour limit after updating the firmware (upon purchase of the headset two weeks ago, so we don't know if the problem existed previously.) Mfg. date of headset: 2019-06-19.

We're in a quandary because we only have a week left before our return authorization expires with Best Buy, so do we return the headsets then purchase them again once the problem is resolved, or hang onto them and wait "x" weeks/months before the issue is fixed? (It's a two-hour drive to the store so I'm not thrilled about having to return them.)

WF7A
Contributor
Registered since

May 17, 2020

I forgot to add that we performed the reset (twice) as recommended--it didn't fix the problem.

Burl_H
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

I returned one pair of headphones over this issue. Tired of going in circles trying to figure out what was going on. I did have them replaced with a second pair and the problem persists, maybe worse, but it seems to be a nasty bug related to either the updating process of the latest 1.14x update. When I received the 2nd 700s I first charged them to a full charge and had 20 hrs 37 min on the app and the phones reported a full charge. Then I connected to the latest app, downloaded a week ago with After connecting to the app, immediately the headphones began to update. Before the update the app reported 20 hrs 37 min. after the update I restarted the headphones and the headphones and the app reported 7 hrs. 30 min., That's SEVEN hours. So i reset the headphones per the instructions in the forum and now I have 17 hrs. 44 mins reported by the app and the headphones. I plugged in the headphones and the charge light began to blink as if it needed to charge after 10 mins. of use and continued to blink for  30 mins. When it stopped and I started the headphones it is still reporting 17 hrs xx mins of battery life. It really seems like there is a bug in the latest update that needs to be fixed. Keeping track of battery charge and charging time are very important with only a 20 hr battery charge at full charge.