Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

• Bose product model : Bose NC 700 headphones
• Bose product firmware version : 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
• Bose app version : 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Headphones battery level is no longer going above 17Hr 30mins although the headphones were left to charge all night. The app shows as full charge. Realised that 17hr 30mins level lasted for 3 hours of usage (it didn't drop) and then suddenly my headphones shown 12hr of charge left. Last night, headphones displayed as having 45mins of charge left which ended up lasting for around 3 hours. After the first charge, my LED indicator no longer changes colour. It remains solid white from "full" charge to when apparently the headphones need charging although the bose manual shows that the LED should act differently depending on the amount of battery left. I have reset the headphones on multiple occasions following the instructions provided. Allowed the headphones to fully drain as I was hoping this would reset all the issues
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? Received headphones 5 days ago, after first charge (3 days ago) I am having constant issues ever since. 
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)  Huawei P20 Pro on Android version 9 (EMUI version 9.1.0)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Issues started 3 days ago after the first complete charge. When the headphones arrived and I used them using the charge already in the headphones, no issues occurred.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. Did reset of headphones following the instructions provided, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked for headphone updates on bose to ensure I had the latest version. Nothing has changed.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for providing this very detailed information which will be very helpful for our engineering team. At this time I don’t have any more additional details or troubleshooting to provide, but we will make sure to provide an update once we have one.

Many thanks

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Bose product model : Bose NC 700 headphones
• Bose product firmware version : 1.4.12.6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version : 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Headphones battery level is no longer going above 14Hr 30mins although the headphones were left to charge all night. The app shows as full charge but in ios widget center I got 70% of charge information. I tried different cables, chargers, charging methods, still not possible to reach 20h of listening time or 100%. I have reset the headphones on multiple occasssions following the instructions provided. 
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? Started after the last update. I putted in charge over a night and the next day, headphones annouced 14h hours of usage. 
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)  Iphone XS MAX 13.4 and macbook pro 13 Catalina
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Started after the last update. Before the update, everything was fine.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. Did reset of headphones following the instructions provided, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked for headphone updates on bose to ensure I had the latest version. Nothing has changed.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2020

When I turn on the headphones I now get a single "boing" sound rather than the amount of battery left (max. 17 hours). This is since the last firmware update. Is anyone else getting this annoying sound or do you still get the initial battery level announcement? I can get the announcement via the touch pad in the usual way but not when they're turned on.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Bose product model
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

- Headphones will not connect to app since update. Bluetooth on IPHONE 11 works fine and does what it should with calls and music apps
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

- Will not connect to Bose Music and Battery life reduced to 16 hrs after full charge.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

- After fully charging headsets battery life indicated only 16 hrs and BOSE MUSIC App will not connect NC700
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

- IPHONE 8 ,  IOS Ver 13.4.1
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

- Experienced this after first full charge.  Previous version worked fine.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

- Tried resetting as instructed in thread? Description to connect USB-A while as pressing Bluetooth/Power button confusing? See step 3 below.

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Same here, only 17 hours after update to latest firware. I dont think it is just a small percentage of users... 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback regarding their reported battery life after updating to the recent Noise Cancellation Headphone 700 firmware. Based on your reports, we were able to reproduce the battery announcement that you have been experiencing.

At this time, our engineering team should not need any further details regarding the issue and is working on it. Your feedback has been critical to us being able to reproduce this issue, and once more, we thank you.

We appreciate your patience while we address this for you! We will provide an update soon.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Moderators, 

Thank you for being open and honest about the most recent Headphone 700 battery life issue. THE COMMUNITY LOVES IT WHEN YOU ARE TRANSPARENT. I get having issues with your products and software can be embarrassing and frustrating but being honest with all of us and providing updates frequently will keep everyone happy and content. The fact that Bose acknowledges an issue means that someone is working on the back end for a solution. However, avoiding conflict and not answering our questions makes everyone more upset and mad. 

Good job, Bose! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Just purchased the NC700, had firmware Version 1.1.4 which I updated to 1.4.12 via Bose Updater on Windows 10. I can confirm same battery prompt. Overnight charging, and 17 hours and a few minutes max is shown. My info:

• Bose product model: NC 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12.6283.9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: turn on headphones prompt says 17 hours as battery after overnight charging, app shows same
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?: I never tested product with old firmware to compare, new user so updated right out of the box.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9): connected to Pixels with latest Android 10 and MacBook Pro 16 inch with MacOS and Bootcamp
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?: Read above, brand new
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.:  not so far, posting here for validation

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the issue, it's good to know that all of us are not just imagining the same issue, that would be very strange indeed.

You might want to add an additional issue to the list with this update.

When listing for to audiobooks [no background, just the reader] you get brief pops of silence.  It's almost like Bluetooth cuts out for a second.  These silence gaps are very noticeable with audiobooks as you miss a word or two.  Most annoying!