Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement
• Bose product model : Bose NC 700 headphones
• Bose product firmware version : 126.96.36.19983.9f658fd
• Bose app version : 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Headphones battery level is no longer going above 17Hr 30mins although the headphones were left to charge all night. The app shows as full charge. Realised that 17hr 30mins level lasted for 3 hours of usage (it didn't drop) and then suddenly my headphones shown 12hr of charge left. Last night, headphones displayed as having 45mins of charge left which ended up lasting for around 3 hours. After the first charge, my LED indicator no longer changes colour. It remains solid white from "full" charge to when apparently the headphones need charging although the bose manual shows that the LED should act differently depending on the amount of battery left. I have reset the headphones on multiple occasions following the instructions provided. Allowed the headphones to fully drain as I was hoping this would reset all the issues
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? Received headphones 5 days ago, after first charge (3 days ago) I am having constant issues ever since.
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) Huawei P20 Pro on Android version 9 (EMUI version 9.1.0)
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Issues started 3 days ago after the first complete charge. When the headphones arrived and I used them using the charge already in the headphones, no issues occurred.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. Did reset of headphones following the instructions provided, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked for headphone updates on bose to ensure I had the latest version. Nothing has changed.