Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hi,

Alongside the issues I have described in my previous post which seems to be also described by the general public, has anyone also starting having issues with the LED indicator for battery levels. Before the first charge, the LED indicator would change colour from solid white when at full charge to blinking red when the headphones were a low battery and then solid red when the headphones were at critical battery level. Since the first charge and drop in battery life as described by numerous customers, I have also starting having issues with the LED indicator itself. It no longer changes colour no matter what the battery level is, it just remains solid white even at low and critical charge levels and I have been wondering if anyone else has also experienced that ?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

While I do agree this is an improved firmware update. I am currently getting the problem, that seems very common on this release, of the battery level (both in app and the voice prompt battery indicator) not showing over 14 hours of life. I charged it all night and it will not report any higher than 14 hours.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

I am only getting 14 hours no matter what I do. Why only 14 when others getting 17 at least. In any event, I expect prompt resolution from Bose. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

don't get you're hopes up on a quick response from Bose, it seems that they work on Glacial time [very slow moving]

try their suggestion on resetting you're headset, it might get you something better that 14 hrs

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 22, 2020

I was getting 20 Hours previously to lates Firmware upgrade, once I upgraded it went down to 17 hours for some days (5) and today, it has gone down to 14.

Please @Anne_S or someone else at @bose can give us an explanation on what's going on with this headsets? Not a solution , which I assume you're working hard on it, but just the underlying explanation of what's going on and the reason(s) behind this behaviour.

This is my 2nd Bose product and I can't stand the fact that these are not a pair of cheap headphones as for such a poor experience.

So far I'm getting:

• Stuttering whnen connected to both my smartphone (Android 10, march 2020 update) and my laptop (Windows 10 pro latest update) 
  • Sudden voice/music Slow down when 2 audio sources switch (i.e moving from a Teams meeting to a youtube video)
    Quirks and odd noises in some calls
  • Ocassional loop boots after disconnecting it from power source (it cycles 2-3 times emiting weird sounds)
  • 30% Reduced (apparently) battery life after latest FW upgrade
  • Unstable - impossible connections between Smartphone App and Headsets
  • Lack of charge when plugging them for short periods of time. Leaving them plugged for 30 mins seems not to charge anything the battery.

So far I've tried:

• Resetting (power plug in + bluetooth button)
  • Uninstalling app, resetting data, unpairing from both devices, and re-pairing again
  • Switching between USB chargers (from Oneplus, to Anker, to Samsung, orAlcatel) to discard an issue with the charge
  • leave it charging for more than 24 hours

Honestly, I don't mean to poke in the eye of anyone here, but for a 400$ worth of hardware, the expected experience is far higher than the one delivered. 

Is there something that I vahe not done of maybe forgot that can help me solving this? With the original firmware I had disconnections and stuttering but battery was always accurate at least...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2020

How long does it usually take for a new firmware to be released? I received my NC700 a week ago, I can still return it without any hassle in the next week (though to me this counts as a defect)

I haven't been able to charge in past 17hrs (though I did get to squeeze 20.5hrs of playtime out of it) and right now it claims to be charged just under 15hrs, 70%

The factory reset doesn't work for me (do you start turned on or turned of? Either way, nothing seems to happen)

As you can imagine I'm seriously underimpressed by this rather expensive headset. I was planning on replacing my sony WH1000-XM3 but I'll hold on to them a bit longer...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 12, 2020

It is really hard to tell, however, from the previous firmware update to this one it took more than 7 months. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

If you can still return it do so... Then if you like, buy it again, the new one will ship with the old firmware.  don't upgrade until you're sure that the new FM ver. has been released.

seems that Bose is good at hardware but leaves a great deal to be desired on the software/firmware side.

I agree with you that this situation is a bit underwhelming 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

I tried a reset using the usb cable, but I don't see the blue led blinking. I waited for two minutes.
Thanks
Jan Aukes

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2020

@JakubF 

Alongside the issues I have described in my previous post which seems to be also described by the general public, has anyone also starting having issues with the LED indicator for battery levels. Before the first charge, the LED indicator would change colour from solid white when at full charge to blinking red when the headphones were a low battery and then solid red when the headphones were at critical battery level. Since the first charge and drop in battery life as described by numerous customers, I have also starting having issues with the LED indicator itself. It no longer changes colour no matter what the battery level is, it just remains solid white even at low and critical charge levels and I have been wondering if anyone else has also experienced that ?

yes, I tested mine.

despite the 18h+ is charging now, after reboots, the LED issue is here.

thank you,

robert