Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

How long does it usually take for a new firmware to be released? I received my NC700 a week ago, I can still return it without any hassle in the next week (though to me this counts as a defect)

I haven't been able to charge in past 17hrs (though I did get to squeeze 20.5hrs of playtime out of it) and right now it claims to be charged just under 15hrs, 70%

The factory reset doesn't work for me (do you start turned on or turned of? Either way, nothing seems to happen)

As you can imagine I'm seriously underimpressed by this rather expensive headset. I was planning on replacing my sony WH1000-XM3 but I'll hold on to them a bit longer...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2020

It is really hard to tell, however, from the previous firmware update to this one it took more than 7 months. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 18, 2020

If you can still return it do so... Then if you like, buy it again, the new one will ship with the old firmware.  don't upgrade until you're sure that the new FM ver. has been released.

seems that Bose is good at hardware but leaves a great deal to be desired on the software/firmware side.

I agree with you that this situation is a bit underwhelming 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

I tried a reset using the usb cable, but I don't see the blue led blinking. I waited for two minutes.
Thanks
Jan Aukes

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2020

@JakubF 

Alongside the issues I have described in my previous post which seems to be also described by the general public, has anyone also starting having issues with the LED indicator for battery levels. Before the first charge, the LED indicator would change colour from solid white when at full charge to blinking red when the headphones were a low battery and then solid red when the headphones were at critical battery level. Since the first charge and drop in battery life as described by numerous customers, I have also starting having issues with the LED indicator itself. It no longer changes colour no matter what the battery level is, it just remains solid white even at low and critical charge levels and I have been wondering if anyone else has also experienced that ?

yes, I tested mine.

despite the 18h+ is charging now, after reboots, the LED issue is here.

thank you,

robert

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I charged my new bought NC 700 headphone for the firsttime and it charge only upto 17 hours instead of the 20 hours. What can Be the problem?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2020

New 700s only 9 hours of battery?

SonI just received my new 700 after having to return the previous ones for arriving dead. These after a full charge the app says the battery will only last for 9 hours.  I do t tho g this is normal right?  Also the headphone arrived with the battery totally depleted.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Thanks for the update. It helps us to atleast stop trying out various options in vain.

Its very frustrating to deal with all these issues like Bluetooth connectivity and charging issues which are very primary for any headphones to start with. As a very early Bose enthusiast, its very dis heartening to see where its going towards. This is a second product in the last 1 year (Other one soundwear) am having trouble with. I think the golden days of bose is long gone and with the competition picking up the customers will have no choice but shift to a better product. 

Regards

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Is there a tentative date on when firmware update will be available? I am still under return window from my retailer. If there is a tentative timeline, i could decide on waiting or getting a different product.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I tried to do the usb cable reset, by plugging the usb in the ear cup then holding the button and plugging cable in, now my headphones won't even power on  nc700 up, ever since the update my headphones can't connect to my phone!