Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I charged my new bought NC 700 headphone for the firsttime and it charge only upto 17 hours instead of the 20 hours. What can Be the problem?

Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 13, 2020

New 700s only 9 hours of battery?

SonI just received my new 700 after having to return the previous ones for arriving dead. These after a full charge the app says the battery will only last for 9 hours.  I do t tho g this is normal right?  Also the headphone arrived with the battery totally depleted.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Thanks for the update. It helps us to atleast stop trying out various options in vain.

Its very frustrating to deal with all these issues like Bluetooth connectivity and charging issues which are very primary for any headphones to start with. As a very early Bose enthusiast, its very dis heartening to see where its going towards. This is a second product in the last 1 year (Other one soundwear) am having trouble with. I think the golden days of bose is long gone and with the competition picking up the customers will have no choice but shift to a better product. 

Regards

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Is there a tentative date on when firmware update will be available? I am still under return window from my retailer. If there is a tentative timeline, i could decide on waiting or getting a different product.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I tried to do the usb cable reset, by plugging the usb in the ear cup then holding the button and plugging cable in, now my headphones won't even power on  nc700 up, ever since the update my headphones can't connect to my phone!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2020

@Dziogou  connect the NC700 to the laptop using the cable.

will recover from that not starting.

I had the same.

hope this helps.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hello Bose,

I purchased the Bose 700 Headphones about 3 weeks ago. Only

twice have I heard “battery fully

charged”(after charging with the case) that it kept saying “Battery 19 hours”.

And now since about a week I can’t manage to get the battery higher than 16-17 hours (sometimes it says 16 hours other times 17 hours after leaving charge completely - light was blinking white).

This morning I resetted the headphones according to this post and even though it first said 17 hours after reconnecting right again it jumped back to 16 hours. I put it to charge again, the white light blinked, when it stopped I turned it on again and it still said 16 hours... I have tried all of the following to no avail:

* Reset the headphones as per the instruction manual and this post

* Unpaired the device from the phone and iPad and paired them again

I really love the headphones but am starting to get frustrated with all these issues and am afraid there is something with the battery right from the get go (after the first full charge right after purchase it said “battery 19 hours”

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I tried the laptop, but no change in the headphones. They are not responding to anything.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 16, 2020

If at the beginning the real usage time of a charged battery was another 17 hours, now, after a few days of use, it has somehow dropped to only 14 hours.

It is a pity that Bose has not yet taken a clear position on the problem of batteries, although there has already been enough time.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 25, 2020

now Noise Cancelling 5 same 10 no different
battery level will not exceed 17 hours
why you make this update ??????????????????