Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Extremely sad!

Worst purchase.

I had 20 hrs charged statement only couple of times once I got the unit.

After that it stayed at 19 hrs inspite full charge.

Then it dropped to 17 hrs

Now it is not crossing 14 hrs inspite 24 hr charging time.

Latest firmware, & latest app version.

Beginning to hear crackle sounds.

All my money gone into the drain.

Extremely disappointed with Bose for not recalling the units and helping the loyal customers.

Future buyers - beware

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

Update to this. 

Since an overnight charge, I now only have 13.5 hours of battery life and can't get more than that.

Do I need to start a return and replacement with Bose?

Something is really wrong with these headphones now.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

The reset proposed by Bose doesn't work or solve the issue.

Meanwhile the battery life of my headset is around 14 - 16 hours. Very disappointing! How long do we have to wait for the solution?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Hello,

I tried to respond to this last week, but my post seemed to have got lost.

I've had the same issues with (non)charging. I tried the fix that you suggest... and then I couldn't turn on the headphones at all. They simply would not power on. I'm not sure what happened because I followed the steps exactly as outlined.

In the meantime I've asked for a replacement. I'm disappointed because it seems to be a common problem and, otherwise, I love these headphones.

Any advice?

Thanks for reading. Sincerely, David

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

Just to share my own struggles with this, on top of the other battery issues firmware 1.4.12 brought.

After I left the headphones charging in my laptop for ~10 mins (using the original Bose charging cable as I've done for the past 7 months), the charging led started blinking red and white intermittently (equivalent to "call Bose support").

When I tried turning them on, the "power on" sound played, then immediately turned off.
Tried resetting them multiple times using the official method provided by Bose, but same behavior.

Tried leaving them to charge, nothing.

Tried charging them via a wall outlet using a Samsung phone charger, nothing.

So, now I was left with a set of premium headphones that weren't even powering on (could only use them with an audio cable, but with no NC, obviously).

As I couldn't afford to wait for a replacement because I rely on these for my daily work, I bit the bullet and downgraded to 1.3.1 via the unofficial path you can find on the internet.

Headphones now power on, no more red-white blinking, no more battery level issues.

Hope this helps someone who, like me, would rather risk downgrading.

All the best to you and let's hope Bose won't take long to release the long-awaited update!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Following my previous posting.....an update....

Now the charging is not only the problem....2 more additional problems came

1. The last light (which if stays on white) on the charging case - keeps on blinking for a long time inspite charging overnight. Then when it stays on...it seems to be lot dull than the rest 4 dot lights.

2. Began to hear crackles while listening.

Again.... issue of 14 hrs charge time is still holding as of now.

Around 450$ down the drain.

I know we are in bad situation with pandemic and stuff, but necessity of toliet paper doesn't apply to all and for some having something else is essential when they already have enough bundles of toilet paper at home.

I hope Bose listens to the plead of all these customers and act quickly.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

after the latest firmware update i was getting about 16h40 battery life. Now its maxing at 15h38. (After around 3 weeks). Looks like the issue is getting worse.

Hope the bose engineering team can sort this issue out. Goodluck to you guys! Some positive energy to you to hopefully sort this out.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

My 700s are brand new, have charged them twice fully in the charging case, and they only charge up to 13 hours. Please advise fix, thanks

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hello everyone,

I want to provide an update on the status of the battery announcement error.

Last week we completed testing on the NC700 battery for units running firmware version 1.4.12. The good news is that despite the battery announcement, on our unit, stating 17 hours of use time, the battery itself did charge fully and ran for over 20 hours with our standard testing process. At this time, we feel confident that our latest firmware version has not impacted battery performance -- the issue is related to how the firmware is interpreting the battery capacity.

We understand that many of you here have experienced this issue, so we have prioritized this work with our software development team. In the meantime, any additional updates from Bose will be posted here in this thread. If you wish to be contacted when an update is available, please sign up for an email notification via this link.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

The update has definitely effected the battery performance. I’ve fully charged my Bose 700’s many times since the update & the maximum power level will only get to 80% with a use time of under 14 hours. So it’s not just a battery display error, it is effecting the charge level & use time of the headphones.