Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

The update has definitely effected the battery performance. I’ve fully charged my Bose 700’s many times since the update & the maximum power level will only get to 80% with a use time of under 14 hours. So it’s not just a battery display error, it is effecting the charge level & use time of the headphones. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

I am not entirely sure if this is just the battery notification. Based on the depletion rate, I feel like I am not starting from the fully charged state. I started with 13 hours today and after about 8 hours usage, I got the notification saying I have 5 hours left. Unless, I actually I have 12 hours more left, the notification seems to be accurate. I really hope the new firmware is not another disappointment.  

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I am just wondering why you test the headphones on your customers so much? And how come these major problems occur so often? It is so strange policy of you to do.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

I am still having this same issue was wondering if the update was coming out soon? I've tried everything. Nothing is working! HELP!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2020

"At this time, we feel confident that our latest firmware version has not impacted battery performance -- the issue is related to how the firmware is interpreting the battery capacity."

I've known this since the beginning of this story. It is good that Bose has finally understood this as well. Just don't understand why it takes so long to fix a code error made during an upgrade? Hardly necessary to review and analyze the faulty update of each god line of code ?!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

I think I would disagree. When the headphones are fully charged, the Iphone battery notification windows says the headphones are only at 80 percent. Before this software update, the Music app (iphone) said the headphones were at 100 percent, while showing 18 hours in the app. Now, the App shows 16.5 hours of battery while the phone says 80 percent. And like others, my headphone's battery life does not last the full 20 hours of usage. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Got my headphones last week and the charge was 17.5 hours. Charged them today and max charge is now 14.5 hours. 

• Bose product model: Noise Cancelling 700 
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible) 1.412-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible) 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Battery when purchased was 17.5 hours, after charging them today they are now down to 14.5 hours 
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

Upon purchase they were never 20 hours
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)

They're just on. Connected to MBP and iphone
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

it never had the full 20 hour charge 
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

I tried the suggested steps and it did nothing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

..stating 17 hours of use time, the battery itself did charge fully and ran for over 20 hours with our standard testing process..

This is the good side of the issue because, as stated in an older post, I tried to swap up/down or right/left on an iPad and iPhone and the percentage of the battery seemed to be correct, so I thought that could be a “bug” in the software and once recognised will be solved.

With the battery fully charged, the voice announcement is 16hr and the percentage 100%, using the headset, it modify the duration (voice announced) quite rapidly up to about 12hr and than it match the percentage.

This is quite annoying but I hope that could be son solved with the release of a new firmware.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

I bought a new Bose 700. Have the latest firmware. Leaving aside the innumerable app issues, I am not getting anyway near the stated 20 hours battery. This too from a brand new product. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

New user here, I’ve received my 700s yesterday and unfortunately the app updated my headphones in the background. I fully charged it overnight with a capable and strong 3A usb-c charger only to receive ‘battery fifteen hours’ voice prompt. Both my iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro report that the battery level is 70% , that is also reflected in the Bose app. Why does it not go all the way to hundred? Has someone else experienced the same? Thanks