Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I too experience this, I sincerely hope the Bose team is taking all these issues seriously. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Dear Ben,

We all experienced the same issue but additionally some of ours headphones' doesn't turn on. They just blink red/white. The latest update was so crucial. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Im flabbergasted at the lack of Comms here from you Bose. You've been able to replicate the battery announcement in the space of 1 month...no sign of ETA of the new update or the ability for customers to downgrade their firmware. My entire experience since buying your NC 700 Headphones I would expect from a no brand pair of headphones off eBay or AliExpress. 

I'm sympathetic up to a point, especially with COVID19 being so terrible globally but to roll out a non-reversible update and have nothing new to report in a month? Are your software and engineering team all off sick? I think their needs to be a shuffle up with how you implement your software as right now it's a joke and this has stained your brand for me. 

Hopefully we hear some news soon and hope everyone is taking care of themselves.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I got a replacement set of headphones with an older firmware. I tried really hard not to have it update (blocked internet access for the bose music app, for example)

This morning after a full charge I noticed it's onyl 18hrs of charge. I checked the app, and yeah it managed to update to 1.4.12.

I'm really amazed Bose hasn't retracted the update in the first place.

Not sure if I'll replace this headset as well and keep doing so until bose gets their act straight, or just return them and stick with my Sony's.

I will definitely place some reviews (already did on amazon) to warn people not to consider these headphones for a while. Not much more i can do.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

@The Cyclist Thanks for responding to my message. I experienced what you already described. Not only I had charging issues but it would not turn on anymore. Nothing got it back to life. Waiting for a replacement from Bose.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I had that problem in some that I changed. I solved it this way. connect them to the power socket keeping the power button pressed and once you see the light release the button. You can already turn them off and on. Luck!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Dear iAmBoricua,

Is it possible that you can make a video about it because I still can't open my Bose 700. Thank you very much. I'd appreciated.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2020

for the record .... I didn't get the same results as your testing team.

The longest duration on a charge was 18 hrs. 

Additionally, the issue of sputtering when connected to two devices should not be over looked when working on a fix.

It's only fair, as your development team introduced multiple issues with the single release they remediate all of the issues with a single and timely release 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Same issue here.  The first couple of days I got 20 hours. Now with 24 hour of charging I don't get more than 15.  Very frustrating.  Headphones are three weeks old.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but apart from the reduced battery level problem (mine says 17 hours 21 minutes) I've also lost all announcements when I turn on the headphones - it doesn't tell me what battery life is remaining. I just get a bong sound and sometimes this will repeat with a series of echoes, particularly when failing to connect via Bluetooth?? In addition, I've also lost the noise cancellation level announcement when I press the button on the headphones (it changes the level but in silence). Basically, all the announcements have been replaced by this annoying bong. Anyone else got this problem too?