Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Do not buy thiS piece of **bleep**. This are trash headphones. I was so excited when i bought it 2 weeks ago. Waste of $399. When i use it for first time it was saying battery life is 20 hours once u charged it full. It been two weeks now i bought it and now it says 14 hours. I am not going to be surprised when it says 2 hours. Don’t waste your money on this. Buy sony those are much much better than bose.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Re: I regret this purchase.

I think this is a serious problem since it seems to be taking so long to fix it and the features that were promised in the initial release has been taken off (AR).

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/noise-cancelling-headphon...

Still AR is being advertised for the product while clearly we can all see that it is missing in the bose app. Just mind boggling how they continue to sell with false advertisements.

This shows, they rolled out the imperfect product to meet the competition and used the first generation customers as guinea pigs.

I never buy the first version of any kind. And this will be my first and will surely be the last.

Always, the first models are prone for lot of issues and then gets fixed.

When Sony's WH-1000XM4 hits the market on Jun 23, a fierce competition will take over. They were quite successful with WH-1000XM3.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Let's not forget the form factor, they *look* "cool" but just try laying down , they fall right off your head! I put my head back on my balcony (I'm on the 27th floor) and they *almost* took a 27 floor fall! 

I really feel like they invested too much money in the prototype and went to market without enough feedback. 

The worst part is I read a lot of reviews, none of these things were mentioned. 

*REALLY* disappointing. This may be the last pair of Bose I ever buy. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Make sure you leave reviews on every site that sells these so people get the message. 

It is funny too, I noticed the wrong placement of the power button the day the set was hanging around my neck. I've since noticed that they will not stay on your head if you aren't upright either. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

That's quite a keen observation.

I think it is the weight factor. If you dont' tighten it close to the head, it tends to slip off even when you bend you head down. I still have QC 25, functioning well. It doesn't have this problem.

But got to give it the design team - it is lot sleeker than sony. 

By the way, no wonder AR has been removed from bose app discreetly. Bose is stopping its AR development which was started in 2018.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/17/bose-calling-it-quits-on-ar-report-says/?tpcc=ECTW2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

In concur the design is not an issue if worn correctly. And I'm bald so no hair for it to hold on to. If it is adjusted correctly, it will not fall of my head especially when lying down. The design is the best out there. It's never hurt my ears and it's super lightweight. And I don't look like a martian wearing it. 

Let's stick to the real issue which is the shoddy firmware and battery life. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hi, 

I have followed this and only once has it full charged my headphones. Tbh it’s never been consistent  at charging since purchase, 1 Nov 2019 
I’ve also noticed compared to my qc35 headphones the battery life depletes really quickly even before this charging issue

I am using these mainly with an iPad 6th generation. 

F/w 1.4.12

s/n 079616Y92053707AE

KR

paul

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Hello Bose,

What is the status of fixing the reduced battery issue? It has now been over a month since the problem was discussed on this forum. I continue to have the 700 say it is fully charged but only with 17 hours. I have done the reset which has not made any difference. My app and firmware are up-to-date. I did not have this issue before the firmware update in May. 

I look forward to receiving an update as to when we can expect this issue to be resolved. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Hello,

When can we expect an update to the Reduced Battery life issue? I tried all of the trouble-shooting steps that you mentioned. After updating my Bose 700, the battery life refuses to go past 16.5 hours.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

It's unfortunate Bose believe this is not considered a critical issue but rather a minor one.