Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

@bose.  My window to return these headphones is down to six days.  Please provide a status updated on the firmware fix by 6/25.  At a minimum, please let the community of what the current ETA is on rectifying this situation.  It has been over a month with zero communication on this issue. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

@bose 

In a similar vein to everyone else, I am also experiencing this issue with my new NC 700 headphones. When fully charged, the reported battery life is 16 hours 40 minutes. I purchased them yesterday and I am genuinely shocked to see this has been an ongoing issue for over a month (with no response from Bose).

I also rang the support number and no one was able to give me any indication of a potential time frame for resolution.

I would not have purchased if I knew there were so many issues with these headphones. I will be returning mine if there is no response soon.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

It is unbelievable that no one responded to our issue for over a month.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

I've just read the message from 3 weeks ago when you said you were going to prioritize this issue. 3 WEEKS ago. Also, you gave us a link to get notified when the update is released. On that message, it says "LATER THIS SUMMER". Is it a joke? 

BTW: the link: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eYbUQomUhQLclKt

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Is there any update about this topic?

I just want to know if I need to change or get a refund

Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Hi,

I am facing the same issue even worst because full charging is announced 15 hours ... I bought my head phones the 27th of December 2019 and since this date battery goes lower and lower at charged announced.

Sometimes randomly, suddenly after a charge it announces full charge. But most of the time the full charge does not exceed 15 hours. Hope Bose will release soon a Firmware which will fix permanently this issue !

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Another update...

getting weirder day by day.....

Charging case - supposed to indicate charging incrementally with 4 flashing lights. Last light blinks and if stops, then case is fully charged.

Here you can see the 3rd light is flashing (off in the picture) while 4th light (on far right) is stable.

https://ibb.co/qDFm29p

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

I have just ordered my THIRD pair of these from Amazon. The last two pairs randomly stopped working mid Zoom call. The charge light then starts flashing red and white. Tried the recommended fix - it didn't work. Plus there's the usual battery drain issue. Bose forces the firmware update. And then won't allow users to go back to previous version without voiding warranty. It seems like a pretty mind boggling approach to tech/customer service! I hope Bose respond soon, this is getting boring, tiresome and disappointing. Not to mention my clients think it's hilarious Bose's firmware has managed to brick two headphones in two weeks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

So far i found NO ONE without the battery runtime troubles after the update to the latest firmware. I really can't understand why BOSE did not release a hotfix for this.

Currently the product simply is not working as advertised. If i could, i would return it. Thinking about an RMA replacement but after reading the posts in this forum i guess this is no fix either.

Problems with the headphones:

• Will not last for 20 hours but 14 hours max (even when on low volume and connected to one device only) This is clearly not just an "indicator" bug on my headphones.
  • Can not hear my own voice on telephone calls (android) or on skype calls (Macbook Pro 2019 catalina) most of the time - which is really annoying!
  • Sometimes connection is lost for a second or two if i am connected to the Macbook and an Android phone. Sometimes it just works (same devices same apps...)

Add the really slow and "shallow/superficial" response of BOSE in this forum and i got my first pair of headphones that i really regret to have bought it. 

Very disappointed. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

Wow!  Just stumbled upon this thread.  I have been on the phone with tech support the last two days and they generated a replacement.  I have already dropped off the headphones to UPS and they are on their way.  I use this for work and the two week turn around is burdensome.  The original pair I ordered directly from the Bose website Feb 21, 2020. Manufactured December 16, 2019.  This thread is exactly what I was experiencing.  Heres the Kicker!!!  I stopped by Best Buy on the way back from sending my NC700 back to Bose and  picked up a brand new set.  This set was manufactured NOV 1, 2019.  Charged the battery right out of the box and connected to the app.  Battery life was 20h37m!  Fantastic!!  But...  5 min into it it downloaded the firmware update and presto, in 5 minutes after a full charge and the firmware update, battery life went form 20h37m to 17h16m!  This is a crock of $#!t Bose.  At $400 for these, I am into them for $800, I want some compensation, not as advertised!!!!