Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - 1.4.12 - May 12th 2020

@TJR & @Gantscha 

I don't think it is going to get any better.

Passing of each day with no recourse from Bose suggests this product is doomed.

I was offered replacement (but the limited edition was not in stock) and it didn't make any sense to return the defective first and then get the replacement. Not sure why customers have to bear the brunt all the time. If you carefully read the fine print, when they provide the shipping information, it would say 

"We will dispatch your replacement product once you returned product is received and validated, subject to availability. "

This kind of vague response and having the customers by their neck is really unwarranted when having spent more than 400 USD.

Lately, there has been an uptick of new issues with the phone.

Just yesterday, when I was sitting near a portable AC, noise-canceling at 10, by default Bose headphone muted the wind noise, however it did amplify a certain part of it and was heard throughout 'enhanced'. When I turned off the AC, the sound was gone and YouTube and other audio played fine.

Just terrible! I am lost for words!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

bose 700 headphones not charging

my bose 700 headphones stop charging at 17 hours and say they are fully charged. i seen so much people saying the same thing and i tried all the options to see if it gets fixed but none of them work and it doesn’t want to charge fully. why? is bose working on a update to fix this? i’m on the latest update. the options that bose support said didn’t work for me. what can i do now?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Don't hold you're breath. 

I really don't think these folks care about us.  Once they get your money you're not on their radar.  All they are is a "Brand Marketing Company".  They're certainly not a technology company as demonstrated by their lack of compliance with industry standard "Best Practices".  The Best Practice to be followed, in any industry, when releasing a bad piece of software is to have either a roll back procedure or an interim release to make the end user whole while the developers try to figure out what they did wrong.  As you all can see the from the evidence in all of these threads, Bose doesn't care!

As i said, they have your money and these issues wont stop their marketing focus.  I totally agree with another user who previously posted a suggestion that all of the people who are exposed to this shoddy support write reviews on Amazon, etc. highlighting their experiences and refer them to this forum to see for themselves prior to making a purchase.  Its called "Truth in Advertising".  Then they might get the message 

Really terrible business practices, I'm now in the "NEVER AGAIN" camp.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

just a followup, just went the Bose site for this product as was going to write an honest produce review. As I started to write the review I was presented with "Review Guidelines" which tell you that if you want your review posted do not include Support issues

How's that for hiding behind the curtain.

It all points to that fact that Customer Support is not a top priority for Bose 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

forgot the screen shot

Professor_0-1593351011102.png

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

It's getting a little embarrassing now...and sad.

tenor.gif

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2020

please contact BOSE and revert the firmware to old. for my new pair, i installed App only to get the initial registration and as soon as i saw the firmware download i deleted the app on phone. so far version 1.1.4-1144+be3bf4b works fine. i don't have stutter issues ( so far not noticed or bothering me if any) and battery is announcing "battery full" and later 20+ hours and so on. 

right now i go to my phone bluetooth to manually connect , or boots the headset with bluetooth on and it connects my laptop and phone simultaneously. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Are you saying that you actually contacted Bose and they worked with you to revert to previous firmware version? If so, who and how? 

In previous posts the say they did not support downgrade.  As a matter of fact, posts that talked about downgrade were removed.  If they now support it would be nice to publish official procedure, 

Sad to think that they will instruct and support some but not all.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I too have left a fun amazon review (where I bought two sets of these) mentioning the shocking firmware update and over 5 weeks without rollback or re-release.

Come on Bose. Not good enough! 

Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

It is real. I allow to run the battery and it was announced is the real time the battery will last. I am returning the headphone to amazon right away.