Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I have had mine for two weeks, same story as the rest.  Battery never seems to get above 15 hours run time.  Went to enter a service request and they just wanted to replace, even before I was told to update, verify or do ANYTHING at all.  I can't send my headphones off before receiving new ones, I use these for taking calls as I work from home.

Bose, get this resolved.  Please don't make me return these headphones and get the Sony's.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Noticed after my most recent trip that I am also experiencing the issue with the headphones being fully charged and stating something other than the 20-hour battery life.  I checked the firmware, and it is at:

Version 1.4.12

Why haven't Bose taken down the firmware?  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Facing the same issue , tried resetting the headphones and also updating the software but the headphone doesnt show more than 14 hours of charging . Completely shocking coming from Bose. Thought if it was a genuine one or so , now need to probably claim a new one under warranty. Pretty frustrating for a otherwise beautiful product.

Regards 

Sumesh Balakrishnan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Thank you for posting the solution ,but it still doesnt solve the problem and shows battery at 14 hours only inspite of overnight charging and updating the software as suggested earlier. What am i missing ? Please help. 

Regards 

Sumesh Balakrishnan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Want to lose the trust of the customers who buy your highest end headphones?

The lack of a resolution let alone option to roll back is frustrating.

But the lack of transparency is downright infuriating. 

Ill be expressing these frustrations via an Amazon review where I know it wont be taken down for violating your "review rules". 

Get it together Bose. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

@Anne_S wrote:

[Update 21 May]

We will provide an update soon.

I think we have a different definition of soon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

BOSE NC 700 Headphones Charging Issue

Purchased Bose NC 700 a week ago - when i charge for 5 hours, white solid light appeared and i connected to my phone it shows 70% and Bose Music app it shows 14hrs 38min.

i never seen 20hrs , I charged 3 times since i bought

• Mobile charge point with Bose USB cable
  • IPhone charge Adpater with Bose USB cable
  • finally connected to computer usb port with Bose USB cable.

also tried troubleshooting poweroff and on while connecting to computer USB port , still no luck.

verified the Bose Software Updater, it is upto date with 1.4.12 version.

Kindly help me if it is any other troubleshooting to be done to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Jeeva V

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Is this issue resolved or NOT???? It's been over a month and a half since the May 21st post and I don't see any updates to my firmware or messages as to when this will be resolved. 

I think this has gone on long enough and obviously it affects a LOT of customers. What is GOING ON????

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

They said the fix will come late summer. I believe Bose should pull out the problematic firmware. 

Not really sure why they are being so stubborn pushing the bad firmware in midst of all these complains. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

I was confused buying Bose or Sony WH-1000XM3. By looking at the issues at BOSE 700, I will drop the plan to buy this until the issues are resolved OR will go for new Sony WH-1000XM4 (soon to be release as per leaks.).

Its very disappointing from BOSE, I love their products/sound. First of all they should not release unfinished products to defame your brand.

If they don't have proper testing team, release BETA firmware upgrade where users can upgrade optionally and can provide feedback having possibility to update it with original RELEASE firmware version.

Once BETA seems fine, they can release final RELEASE version to update on devices.

Hoping to get issues fixed very soon, and never have to go with other brands.