Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

there's some interesting commentary on reddit  .. if one is interested, start there 😎

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@Professor which post?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Yes please what post on Reddit are you speaking of?  Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I only hit 17 hours max. I'm not too sure why. Could I return them and exchange?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@doggie800557,

Product is faulty, spec not as advertised. At this point you have the right to full refund or to exchange.
However, you have to remember, that you will loose equalizer, as Bose retired the buggy update, at least until they will fix it.
I'd say we can wait few more days, and see what is going on, if they don't fix this and other issues, if not, then we can just return headphones as a faulty item.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

my 30 days is close to be being up. i only have today or tomorrow to deal with it before the return period is over.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 Battery issue

I just bought my new bose700 headphones two months ago and then the battery level was constantly decreasing from 19 hrs to 14 hrs. That was ridiculous. I couldn't fix this problem by following those steps recommended by the community. Then I decided to send them back to bose company to get my headphones fixed. A few days ago, I got my headphones and charged them overnight. The battery level showed 19 hrs and 40 mins. Yesterday I charged them for more than five hours but now the battery level is still staying at 16 hr. I am really confused that I already got my headphones fixed. Why did the same problem happen again? Also, I am pretty sure that the firmware version is the latest 1.4.12 and before I charged my headphones, I did turn them off. But it turns out that nothing works. The battery issue still exists. 

OMG, bose700 is driving me crazy. I started losing my faith in this company and their products. 

I am not sure if the company can help me out. Should I return my headphones back again? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

When do you think, this patch will be available?, I think this is something critical and the should be available ASAP, so do you have a date for this ?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

This thread was started on 14 May 2020. Problems existed way before and it took a while for the customers to get a grip on this. Even so, approximately 2 months since the company accepted the issue and so far not a squeak from them.

Makes me wonder.....are they waiting for 30 day return policy to be over? 

I have crossed that a while ago, and the way the headphone is deteriorating every day, I can use it during winter as ear muffs, albeit an expensive 450 USD ear muffs! and pretend to be listening to some gratifying, noise cancelled music but actually protecting ears from cold.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello @drb17 ,

I wouldn't worry about the 30 days replacement option.. That is something the seller is offering not the brand. I bought the headphones last September, and Bose replaced it already twice and offered me the option to either get a refund or get a different Bose product for the same price as the issue is still persisting..

I would also recommend you to contact their customer care directly for replacement or refund.

P.S. Speaking from my personal experience in software engineering, more than 2 months is a long time to fix any issue. I will be using this example in all my future presentations and talks as an example of how not to handle an issue. Thanks for that though 🙂