Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

The battery drain issue on the S1 Pro speakers has been an issue for well over a year.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Same issues as everyone else. I am on my second pair, Bose kindly replaced the first one when I was having charging issues. Great customer support. But the second pair are now having the same charging issues.

These have been on the market long enough that this should have been fixed by now.  I have been buying Bose products for years and have had mixed results with the quality of the cordless noise cancelling headphones. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

I am having the same issue, after the update. Only shows or announce battery level at 17 hrs .. also there is a glitch i am noticing from switching devices.

[ Edited by moderator ] 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Hi, I live in India, I bought new Bose 700 NC headphones and i charged them it was showing 20h48m. I used it and the remaining battery was around 19h30m at evening 9, I switched it off and next day afternoon at 1 I check the battery is at 17h50m. The battery is draining when turned off. I did update my headphones before charging.

My firmware version is - 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1

and my app version is up to date.

please help 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

Hi,

i've had NC700 for a month now and i've done all updates,

still facing all the mentioned issues at comments and the topic.

i've tried to reset the product as described but it did not get reseted!

anyway i'm really frustrated with the battery life! i mean really it gets drained in a few days!

exchanging the product with another one is not a solution.. a refund maybe.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

I bought my NC 700 last Sunday and I have been having the same problem. I don't go past 17.30 hours after fully charging it (even overnight). I had seen it charge to 20 hours only once when I haven't updated to the latest firmware. I've tried all the recommended solutions I can find to no avail. 

I am very disappointed because I was excited to get this item as my first noise-canceling headphones. I also feel frustrated about experiencing a serious issue for a very expensive product. This item does not reflect value for the money I've paid for.

I hope that the service can make up for it. I will return my NC 700 after 2-3 weeks if there are no fixes. I will then get a product from another brand. It would be unfair to wait for another month after that for a fix to a problem that had been reported about 2 months ago.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

For all new posts, according to this update from the Bose Team, the prompt is off and battery life should be the same. I haven't actually gone ahead and used a timer but feel I'm getting a decent amount of battery time with my set. Being in the app business myself professionally and since it's been over a month of being able to replicate the issue, I'm wondering if there's more to this problem than what has been discussed there. Shouldn't be hard to fix the prompt properly for accurate battery life time. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Noise-Cancelling-700-Firmware-Update-Reduced-...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

It is now 7/16/2020. The last update I have seen on here from Bose was 6/2/2020.

Why no update? Why no fix to this issue? 

If you cannot fix it, then own up to it and start issuing refunds. These headphones have been nothing but a disappointment since the day I received them.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Just got an email from Bose in writing saying it’s an issue with their software, where it doesn’t recognise the actual battery level even if it’s fully charged and that many customers are going through the same problem. These problems were noticed after the last update and a software update will fix the issue soon 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2020

Dear Anne S, What is the current status of addressing this issue? The last update was on May 21 that the engineering team was able to reproduce this issue.  Will a software patch be released to fix this issue or should customer's submit a warranty repair request?