Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I too am having these issues with the Bose 700 Headphones:

• Mine recharge to a maximum of 17 hours at best (This takes 2 consecutive charge cycles)
  • The reset procedure does absolutely nothing. I would love it if we could reset a restore the factory settings. The firmware version 1.4.12 update was a disaster. 
  • The Bluetooth software is unstable when more than one device is connected.

I am thinking of a warranty claim for a faulty product....The software issues seem bad and I am wondering if Bose is able to provide a solution. It has been 2 months since they admitted there is a problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

is that you have to understand that Bose is not a leading audio company, nor does it sell products that under its name should be of quality. Bose is an entry level company that wants to become... oh, no, wait!

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

It's sad to see such a legacy built by Amar Bose and a company highly integrated with MIT being disintegrated or driven into such a joke

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

I returned the Bose 700 and bought the elipse model, they are sell by Apple. The headphones are the same, different color and the case can be used to recharge the 700. 

When I got them I decided not to upgrade them. I connect them directly with the devices I have, you do not need the app in the phone. 

They work really fine, the battery is charged completely and there is nor problem when it is connected to two different devices. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

@javierelizondoh

I bought the eclipse model being a limited edition or whatever. I liked the color combination and bought it at a time when there was no sale. So 450$ slam dunked. Luckily I forgot to buy the square trade extended warranty for 60$.

Square trade

Imagine going through all the clause of that 3rd party to get this fixed. It would have been even more a bigger hassle than the annoyance of using this headphone with static, stutter, low battery, defective charging case and so on.

QCi25

I still own QCi25 - which runs as smooth as a butter. I just can't believe this product has been designed and rushed to the market half-baked.

Not a firmware issue

I am beginning to think, it is not a firmware issue. It is defective build. Hence, they are stuck up to find a solution. Pandemic cannot/should not be a reason for this much delay in 'curing' this product. Everybody is going through the pandemic and are still trying to live.

Recall

Unlike automobiles, I don't think they can recall all the units and fix it or whatever. What's more baffling is that they continue to lure more gullible people with discounts and such and are still actively selling the product rather than temporarily stopping it. Speaks volumes about their business ethics. Very sad!

Cheap brands

Maybe unrelated, I got to say.....I bought graphic tablet worth 400 of a famous brand that has monopolized the market. It was giving me all sorts of trouble. Gave up trying to fix it. Bought 53$ worth of bigger size and more features of a cheap brand but highly rated in an online seller. Unbelievable. Being just 13% of the famous brand's cost, it works brilliantly and love it. 

Status symbol

Although I am never up for status symbol, I bought bose for its quality. Unfortunately, it failed this time. There are many similar headphones that are ranked quite high and just a fraction of cost. If somebody is really after status symbol, maybe a 3D printed label of famous brand logo can be pasted on top of the cheap brand.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Hello, I have the same type of headphones and for some reason no matter how much I charge it never seems to say its 18 hours fully charged. I charged it for hours and it said it was 16 hours. So then I did it again but with the solution suggestion for the rest of the day and it said when I unplugged them that it was 14 hours. I checked the update and it was fully updated. I saw in an earlier post someone turned it off and on a couple of times but it's still saying it's only 14 hours. The white light was fully on by the way. It wasn't blinking when I plugged it in. I was hoping there would be a solution since this was all seemingly posted on 2019 and now its 2020. Please if you don't mind responding with a solution? I just got these headphones and I wouldnt want them broken after just getting them. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I'm not so concerned about the issue itself but what I am concerned about is the level of customer service. No communication in two months is really bad.

Well, next time I decide between Sony and Bose product, the decision should be pretty easy.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Hey there. Any updates?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Yes. Update is they gave up. 

/S

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

@Dottat 

That's quite funny.

🙂

----

Don't hold Sony in high regards too, they have issues. I have WH1000MX3 in-ear headphones. With full charge, battery lasts for 2 hrs maximum. I didn't use it frequently after I bought it, by the time I realized it - too late to return. I don't know why these corp play with customers like this?