Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

now that they closed this topic I started a new thread to keep the conversation going

Continue the conversation Here 

Hope it catches on

Highlighted

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling 700 - Reduced Battery [Life Announcement]

Hello Professor,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. 

I can confirm that the engineering team is indeed still working on this issue, as explained by Wayne in this thread 

We thoroughly appreciate your patience at this time. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling 700 - Reduced Battery [Life Announcement]

Thanks for the reply and correction

Hoping a solution and fix come soon.  Its been a long time, I'm only thankful that my international travel has come to a stop [Pandemic related grounding] making this issue manageable.  

Once it starts up this flaw will be problematic.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Re: I regret this purchase.

I deeply regret this purchase - even my Beats Studio 3 performance way outlasts my Bose 700. Besides the battery life showing 16 hours when fully charged, the intermittent sound, the reset that does nothing, the right ear eventually stop producing any sound after just under one month. This must be the worst headphones I have to date purchased, and here I was thinking that I bought quality when I went for Bose. I sent my product in on 23 July 2020 and I have still not received my new pair. Worst customer service to date, this is not how you treat a customer that purchases a HK $3100 set of headphones. Utterly disappointed and I will definitely not recommend Bose to any of my friends.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

NC700 16 Hour Battery Life

I'm on the latest firmware 1.5.1 updated today hoping that it will solve the problem I've been experiencing for months now.

Regardless how I charge it the maximum battery life is 16 hours on my headset.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Re: NC700 16 Hour Battery Life

yea I am done, new Sony 1000XM4 was announced today and ordered them. selling by Bose and I am not looking back. good luck guys. since the new sony support multipoint and better mic for calls I am DONE with this crap

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: NC700 16 Hour Battery Life

Hello @Metalsiren 

Since your Bose headphones are not functioning as promised by the company, I think you stand eligible to send it back to the company and get a full refund of the money paid.

Even I am doing the same and buying Sony.

Goodbye Bose! You have lost a customer of 10+ years.. Never again going to buy Bose!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

I have slightly different issue. According to the manual and the brochure, the battery fully charged is 20 hours. However mine fully charged always 17 hours after charging even over night. This is a new Bose NC700 model. Only recharged 3 times so far. 

Is this a common problem?

Frank

Highlighted

Hi @fjacono,

Thanks for your message. 

This is something that we are currently looking into. However, in our tests so far we can confirm that the battery life has not been affected, it is just how it is being registered within the app. On our unit, stating 17 hours of use time, the battery itself did charge fully and ran for over 20 hours with our standard testing process. At this time, we feel confident that our latest firmware version has not impacted battery performance -- the issue is related to how the firmware is interpreting the battery capacity.

We have prioritized this work with our software development team. In the meantime, any additional updates from Bose will be posted here in this thread - If you wish to be contacted when an update is available, please sign up for an email notification via this link.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this for you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

I have read ALL the posts and ‘fixes’ recommended.  I am on my second set.  Did everything recommended.  On both units NEVER had a full charge.  Most of the time never goes past 16 hours.  Not only frustrating but clearly a sign of either false advertising or just plain defective manufacturing left untold to the customers.  I have done everything Bose recommends and none of the suggestions works.  If I could I would return this second set for credit and move to Sony. However too late. I’m stuck.  I hope the rest of you send back for credit before it is too late.  The only actions that we renew my faith in Bose is a complete credit, fix, or a tested replacement. Other than that my days of buying anything Bose are over.  Plus I will direct my company to cease all purchases of Bose technologies. Not for retribution but to avoid technical shortfalls.