calvk
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life

I am able to hear the hour of battery left if I long press the headphone right cup. So there is no display on apps but i can hear the announcement on the earphone.

javierelizondoh
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

No charging eclipse NC 700.

I just bought the Eclipse NC 700 headphones. It is expensive, 450 plus tax. When I first charged the headphones everything was fine. I updated the firmware to the 1.3.1-2028+de73cel. The product was produced on the 25th of September 2019. 

I have charged the headphones and again, in the new Bose Music app that was updated a few days ago, it appeared that the battery is not fully charged. The first time I got the same time left that before I connected the headphones. The second time I got 19 hrs. Even the white light indicate the headphones are full. 

I reseted the headphones the problem remain. Is there anything wrong with the headphones´harware or it is a problem with the firmware?  I would like to know before returning the phones. 

Thank you, Javier Elizondo

javierelizondoh
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Does the problem also apply to the firmware 1.3.1? This is the one I am using and I also have the problem. 

Thank you, Javier

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: No charging eclipse NC 700.

@javierelizondoh,

Nobody knows, maybe it is a software, maybe hardware issue...
For the last several months we all here are trying to find out what's going on.
And for some reason Bose keeps it a secret from us.

drb17
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Re: No charging eclipse NC 700.

@calvk , @fodaveg 

Many touch functions have been functioning erratically for me. Sometimes works and sometimes not. Quite aggravating.

@javierelizondoh

Welcome to the gullible cohort!

I have the same expensive eclipse. Fancy ear muffs!. Waiting for winter to set in so that it can serve dual purpose except listening to music.

Just received, Samsung's galaxy bean buds. Unique design. Sounds wonderful. More testing in progress.

Ed21
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Bose NC 700 is one to dream about and enjoy for a few periods of time had them for pretty much a year by two months battery drop to 18:30 hours last use the battery drop to 17 hours and after that they completely failed having the blinking red/white, called support and they said they might be able to fix it but is out of warranty and for the fixing price I’ll better buy new ones. Battery and system disappointing. Changing to sony!

Professor
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: NC 700 Battery issues after firmware 1.5.1

1.5.1 Does not address the issue.

Bose sent me a note that they are still working on the "Announcement" issue.  Their contention is that the battery fully charges but the announcement is incorrect, based upon their engineering reports.  My real world experience is that after the firmware upgrade I DO NOT get the full 20 hrs of use out of a charge.  so much for engineering. 

To be honest, I really don't care what anyone says, just GET THE PRODUCT  BACK TO THE PRE UPGRADE PERFORMANCE . After that we can have the academic argument mixed with the marketing spin about what went wrong and what was actually fixed.

This issue has existed way too long for a company to claim that they care about quality and customer satisfaction.  The evidence clearly demonstrates that they Don't Care about either.

Personally, I'd be interested to know what they do care about, corporate motivation sets priorities.  What are the Bose priorities? 

AlanStein
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

barrywohl
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

• Javier, for me reverting to 1.3.1 fixed my battery issue if I turn it on then off then on.
abdullah25
Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2020

a refund on Amazon. I'll go for the sony wh-1000xm4.