Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

@DottatBose are not going to recall them. They are releasing it in a new UC package with a USB dongle. It looks to be the same headphones as the standard 700, which means they don't consider them faulty. The problems are likely here to stay.

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Hi, I have been using my new NC 700 for last 15 days( on my 2nd set actually after return of 1st set in Amazonfor frequent disconnects..still having the issue on my 2nd set also). On the first full charging ( after Unboxing), it showed around 19 hours 22 mins. I went for firmware update (1.3.1) from stock setings. After that in subsequent charges, it has been showing around 18.2 hours to 19 hours. Is this Ok? With the usage, I think it lasts around 17-18 hours ( rigorous use on mostly calls/ music day long for 2 days, on full NC, paired with iPad Pro/iPhone XR, iPad Air3/ iPhone XR). I have also seen that even though the charge shows full ( white LED is constant) after 2.5-3 hours of charge, if you pull out it will show around 18.2 to 18.3 hours. However if you disconnect the charging cable and re-connect, the white LED will starts blinking ( again charging) and will become constant again after 10-15 mins. If you check the battery status, it will now be around 19 hours. I am also finding that the manufacturing date of headsets is around Dec-19. Can the battery degrade if already the manufacturing is so old?

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@Daring48   It's very unusual if you're on firmware 1.3.1.. I would suggest you contact the customer care directly and replace the headphones or get a refund..

I too am personally fed up with this unprofessional and unethical behavior of Bose. I will soon be returning my headphones and buying Sony XM4s

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

@vineethpbharadwaj I connected with Customer care. I got to know that for newer headsets, they have restricted the update beyond 1.3.1 for various bugs in above versions.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hello,

I just got the Bose 700 a week ago, and at this point whenever I have them fully charged, I get a “Battery full” announcement, and the app only shows 19hrs and 6 minutes, while it used to be a little bit over 20 hrs just 5 days ago.

Another thing to mention is that while I did purchase them just 6 days ago, the manufacture date is July 26, 2019, 

which could possibly be the reason? ( old battery).

I am using an iPhone XS.

Some details:

iOS version: 13.6 (17G68)

Bose Music app version: 3.5.5

Bose 700 firmware version: 1.3.1 - 2028+de73ce1

any suggestions? Thanks ahead.

8A3D84FC-28E3-4B7E-96A1-0EBEAA8CA391.png

Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

@sadElephant  This should not be the case if you are running firmware 1.3.1

Contact the customer care directly and ask for refund or replacement. This product has been a nightmare.. I hope the newly appointed CEO of the company is good and sheds some light on this matter.

The communication from @bose has been very poor and unprofessional

Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Hello.

Has this been resolved? Couldn't find confirmation of this being resolved in a firmware update. 

My recently purchased headphones have only ever announced or shown that there are 17 hours battery remaining on a full charge. 

Thanks

Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Mine are 6 months old. I first called Bose support 2 months ago when battery life went from 19 hours to 16. They said to wait for an update which I did. Then battery life went to 15 hours when full charged. Called again 2 days ago and they are sending me new headphones which is great. I just fully charged them again today, put them on, now down to 13 hours. I have everything up to date.  So, the software/firmware story isn’t working on me anymore. They have a problem. Hopefully I will have better luck with the new ones. 

Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Having the same issue here, my full charge only charges to 15 hours, which is 5 hours less than advertised, would like to know when it can be resolved.

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Mine is charging up to 19hs. It is not that bad as with other users, nonetheless, I have paid for 20hs. Bose really screw up 700.