Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

What firmware did you downgrade it to? I'm sick and tired of degrading battery times announced, it's now telling me 15 hours. Began at 18 hours, then 16 hours now 15 hours.

Maybe I need the new Sony.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

I don't understand how come Bose is launching new products yet they fail to support existing products and the media is quiet

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

I went back to firmware version 1.3.1. After testing, the actual measured result was 19.1 hours of use instead of the previous 14-17 hours.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

How do you go back to the previous version?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Hi there, 

Bose replaced mine as after one month the right ear just stopped producing any sound. Needless to say, the replacement has exactly same battery issue. I have been told by Bose that they will not refund me as I bought the product at an Apple store. I do not know where to turn anymore, it took 15 working days for them to deliver the replacement and I had to follow up twice. Two days before the 15 day deadline was coming to an end I called to follow up and I was told that they are moving to a new building so I need to wait another 15 days. This service is really shocking, to say the least. 

Lincoln 

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

I want to thank everyone for your patience while we worked on the issue with battery announcements. We appreciate all the valuable information you were able to provide us so that we could work on improving your experience with your headsets.

Today we released 1.7.0 and as a part of that we reduced instances where the battery is not announced as full. You can read the full release notes of this here.

If you experience this issue after updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please make sure the headset it turned off prior to plugging it in to charge. We believe that updating the firmware and turning off the headset before charging should resolve this issue for most customers.

If you do the above and continue to experience issues where the battery announcement is incorrect, please let us know the following:

• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)
    • Bose app version (screenshot if possible)
    • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
    • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
    • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
    • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.

Thanks again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Hello @Wayne_M 
Not sure if you've seen the comments in the update thread, my battery life issue isn't resolved. Updated to 1.7.0 and it is still telling me I have 14-16 hours remaining despite charging overnight.

Any way I can reinstall the update just to be sure?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hello @Wayne_M 

My headphones battery issue too has not been solved. The new firmware is exactly the same as 1.5.1 without any improvements. It's highly frustrating to have such a low quality product after paying such high prices.

Here are the screenshots:

IMG_5995.JPGIMG_6003.PNGIMG_5993.PNG1.png

Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

Since the first day of using the product. The battery was never 20 hours!!!!!!

Devices: iPad Pro (on iOS 13.7 and iOS 14), iPhone XS (on iOS 13.7 and iOS 14) , MacBook Pro (on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Same as above. Right out of the box from Day 1. Never worked as promised.

Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any:

Reset headphones, clear bluetooth history on devices, restart the devices and headphones, updating the app and firmware to latest versions, cursing Bose out of frustration. Nothing has worked.

Please fix the issue or refund everyone who is affected. Stop frustrating and fooling the customers

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

Unfortunately, after the update from 1.3.1 to 1.7 and one full day of use followed by one full time charging, the battery is at max 18hs while before its 19h20mins. So, in my case, the battery life actually decrased!!!!! Unbelievable.......

Screenshot_20200917_141101_com.bose.bosemusic.jpgScreenshot_20200917_141118_com.bose.bosemusic.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Same here. With 1.3.1 I was between 19 and 20 hours (only after the first full charge did I have over 20 hours) but with the new software upgrade battery time went after one charge to around 18 hours and now, after the second charge, the battery time is now 17:22... and the head-phone doesn’t announce “fully charged” anymore when a full charge is complete, but “17 hours”. 
how is that possible?