Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I took all the updates from 1.3 to 1.7 and charging the battery overnight still reports at ~16 hours. It stopped saying "battery full" with all updates past 1.3. My phone shows battery at 90% charge after charging overnight. The Bose app shows the battery as fully charged despite never saying it when powering on.

This issue is NOT fixed. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Updated to latest firmware - nothing has changed in RE: announcement... max 17 hours and 14 hours was the lowest. Full over night charge for past two days. 

Bose product firmware version: 1.70.10068+f3675e6

Bose app version: 4.0.1 (iOS)

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 16, 2020

It seems I wasn't mistaken in deciding to go back to the 1.3.1 firmware recently after a long wait. As you can see, better is hardly coming. Unfortunately.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I charged my headphones overnight on 1.7.0 and the voice prompt said I had 16 hours, the app showed 16 hours and 9 minutes, and my phone showed the headphones were at 90% charge.

Bose said that this was a display issue only and the headphones provided the expected 19-20 hours of use. I performed a full battery drain test and got 15 hours and 32 minutes of usage with ANC of 10 and medium volume. 

Through the test, the app did note that battery was low and to charge. I heard voice prompts that battery was critical and to charge immediately. The battery light however never turned red or blinked red. Suddenly the headset just shut itself off. it had only been 20 minutes so the motion detection auto off was not a factor.

I have now downgraded back to 1.3.1 and will perform the same test to see what happens.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose 700 16 hours of battery life

My battery life on my Bose 700 only charges t0 16 hours no matter what and gets less than that in performance (about 13-14 hours).  This number differs from everyone else I've seen with battery issues.  I've updated to latest software and it's still the same under performance.

A bit of a let down versus the QC35.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours

Bose NC 700 Battery Degrading

- Around 3 months ago the full-charge battery life NOW is 16 hours, my question is WHY? Bose advertisers " Bose® Headphones 700 - Battery Life Up To 20 Hours"

Definitely this is not normal,   degrade by 4 hours of battery life ? 

Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours!!!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Re: Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours

Contact customer services and send them back for a replacement set mine were the same waiting for the new ones to arrive.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Why have you posted this link which is from May😖

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

For the same reason these topics was merged. It's the same issue, nothing new. From May until today.