Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Re: Bose 700 headphone battery is not charging for 20 hours

I just did the 1.7 Firmware update and my Bose 700 Headphones now appear to be working as expected.

I did he update using the Bose USB cable that came with the headphones connected to my Windows 10 PC which has the BOSE update web interface installed.

The Bose update web interface required me to download and update it prior to doing the Firmware 1.7 update on my headphones.

Prior to this update, on charging I was recently (not always) getting the message "Battery Full" but I was only getting about 16 hours. Now after the update they are saying "Battery Full" and it is reading 18.5 hours in the Bose Android App. The reading seems right given I have used them for 1.5 hours since charging. I expect sometime soon they will stop saying "Battery Full".

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Reverting to 1.3.1 yielded 18 hours and 29 minutes after charging over night. I drained the battery until the headset turned itself off. Similar to my previous test on 1.7.0, it was under normal usage conditions. The headset would be turned on and off and the on-time was measured using a chronograph.

1.3.1 yielded 17 hours and 37 minutes of usage with maximum ANC. I will now fully charge on 1.3.1 check the battery level and then upgrade to 1.7.0 and immediately check the battery level again to see what changes.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Recharged for about 5 hours and the white light stopped blinking. The voice prompt read out 19 hours. The app showed 18 hours and 9 minutes. I updated to 1.7.0 and the voice prompt now says "fully charged" and the app still shows the same amount. 

I will run down the battery as before, logging actual run time and then charge to full to see what happens.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

I am using Bose 700 noise cancellation headphones from last 4 months and from last month its not getting charge over 16 hours. Before that it was use to get full charge (20 hours). I tried the solution provided over but its not working. How to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

it's kind of a shame that this issue has gone on for so long ... it would appear it's taken Bose a long time to figure out that they can't fix the issue so they opt'd to just change the prompts.  In all fairness, i haven't upgraded to 1.7 as I was waiting to see what others had to say (my confidence in this company is low).

In my last post I said that is was willing to wait for the next firmware release as i didn't want to void the warranty and cloudy the migration path to the eventual fix.  But as I'm reading, going back to 1.3 is beginning to make a lot of sense as I don't think they will ever release a fix to this issue if all they are doing is concentrating on the prompts and not the root cause.

This is not a suggestion to encourage anyone to rollback just a statement of frustration and reality.

My question to Bose is, "Do you think you'll ever address the root cause of  the issue? If the answer is no, then fess up and let everyone know so we can all get on with dealing with reality.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

I want to do the same but how long is going to take to get the new one? They told you ?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Answer from Bose:

Check out the steps on this thread here to resolve your issue. Kind Regards, Community Admin...

I would recommend double-checking the update is complete. To check this, plug your headset into a computer and go to btu.bose.com and follow the onscreen instructions. 

I'm still have 16 hour full charged. and my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700....

Your product is up-to-date. If you’d like to update a different product, connect it to your computer. If you’re done, you can disconnect your product and quit the app.
 Version 1.7.0

Nothing changed 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

IMG_4608.PNGPNG image 2.pngPNG image.png

I charged my headphones overnight on 1.7.0 and the app showed 18 hours and 20 minutes, and my phone showed the headphones were at 90% charge. Please could Bose provide an update on this as this is my second pair and it is not delivering as advertised. If this "bug" cannot be fixed then honour your customers and refund us for this defective product. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

@Anne_S Well low and behold, after a subsequent charge my battery now shows 18 hours 1 min at full charge. Is the battery in the device perhaps defective? This is giving Bose an incredibly bad name, to think I wasted $400 on this headphone that has been defective from day 1 (on both pairs I must add). IMG_4653.PNG

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hi, I have a new pair of NC 700 that I just opened on 09/26/2020. I connected it to my laptop to charge and updated the firmware to 1.7.0, I also have the latest Bose Music app V4.0.1. The headphones reflect as fully charged but the battery life says 17 hours in the voice prompt and shows as 17hrs 34min on the bose music app. 

I need assistance.