PatPfe
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hi
My battery performance is not really affected by this but neither the Bose Music App (Version 4.1.1 updated 18.9.2020) nor the announcement on the headphones ever go beyond 4:45h. The battery actually lasts pretty much as expected for many hours more. Today, I updated to FW version 1.8.2 but no improvement there. I love my Bose 700 but I am very disappointed in the company that they are not able to fix such a minor issue. A headphone for several hundred € should not be flawed for such a long time. 

Jacek K
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

I also have mixed experiences with battery life.

I bought two pairs of Bose 700 at the same time, October 30th. One is with a manufacture date of July 2020 (black version), another one from November 2019 (soapstone). Both were discharged when unboxed.

Black one after first charging announced 20 hours 23 minutes of battery life. Unfortunately, the Bose Music app started transferring the update from v1.3.1 to 1.7.0. After restarting headphones, the software has been updated and battery life went down to about 18 hours and 50 minutes. It never appeared 20 hours anymore despite resetting headphones as many times was advised to.

The second pair was with even older firmware at the beginning (v1.2.x) and also updated to 1.7.0. After restart battery life dropped to 6 hours and 40 minutes. I was scared. But after the headphones reset it got back to normal and reported 20 hours and 53 minutes. Tomorrow they will be charged after the whole day of meetings so I will be able to confirm if they work as expected.

Anyway, I am so curious, what happens? The same model, the same firmware, different battery lifetimes announcements. How it is possible? It's very sad as I am using Bose devices for years but this one never stops disappointing me. Stuttering, inconsistent experience across two models with just the different color. I am losing my trust in the brand as I don't feel I got premium for the premium price.

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. As we are no longer seeing continued reports on the battery announcements not reporting accurately, I am going to lock this thread. Thank you to everyone who contributed!

If in the future you run into issues with your battery announcement with firmware post 1.7.1, please contact support or create a new thread for the community.

With firmware 1.8.2 we introduced fixes related to the maximum battery charging level. If you continue to experience any issues with your battery after updating to our latest firmware, we ask that you please continue to report them in that thread.

Thanks once more!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Triplef
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

Bose product name

Headphone Bose NC 700

Country

Netherlands

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Iphone SE2020 iOS14.3

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I'm the owner of the NC 700 since December 3, 2020. Immediately updated to the latest firmware, despite several messages on the forum, after fully charging the battery, the capacity was always around 20 hours 34 minutes. Yesterday for the first time after charging significantly less battery capacity after full charge, now only 18 hours 28 minutes. The capacity has suddenly decreased with 2 hours and this only after 4 times of charging! Resetting does not help.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

6 January 2021

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset

Daksha
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Bose 700 NC - Does not charge fully

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name:

Bose 700 NC

UK

Firmware Version:

Up to date. Checked by connecting the headphones to Bose updater.

App Version:

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

I bought these headphones on 12 December 2020. Initially, the headphones charged up to the full advertised 20 hours. About two weeks ago, the full charge is consistently indicated as 17 hours. I don't use the headphones all the time.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Mostly while working at home. The noise cancelling feature is fine.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

About two weeks ago.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have seen a thread about this issue and followed all the recommended steps (e.g. checked that the software is up to date, rebooted by holding the power button down for 2 second, use the Bose cable for recharging etc).

I see that Bose have received similar posts from other Bose 700 NC users and made a statement in on 21 May 2020 that this issue will be investigated. Can you please update me on this. Has the issue been resolved? How can I regain the advertised 20 hours of full charge? If I cannot regain 20 hours of full charge on my 6 week old headphones, what is the next step I can take?