Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Hi Guys

Recently my headphones charge up to 16 hours only. I'm starting to get worried that the battery lifespan is not going to last for long, and because it doesnt work while charging its going to be a dud after a few months more. Can anyone provide some assistance or guidelines? is there possibility for repair or replacement of the battery? 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

@lindsaysaintsur 

The Sony WH-1000XM3 is even worse. Good choice. I’ve returned 6 pairs within 2 months.  Good luck with them, you’ll need it! 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Yet another problem with Bose headphones. this company used to be the best in the business and now its becoming a laughing matter. you guys really to sort stuff out and get new quality control people in as this proves they aren't doing there jobs to the best of their ability. Apple are going to get a lot of customers when they release their new over ear headphones and I can't see Bose recovering which is really sad. I love you guys but his is getting too much from the old QC35II, to the sleep buds and now your new headphones. I hope you guys can sort our problems out otherwise its going to a hard road onwards. 

Bose product model Bose NC700HP 

IMG_1890.png

Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Where do you run into the issue? every time I use the product 

Where and when did it first occur? after the update

What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? 

overall battery life

iPadOS 13.4.1

iOS 13.4.1

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

battery was fine previously

Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any.

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

4, Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

• Bose product model

- NCH700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)

- 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)

- Version 3.3.4 on Android
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

- charge until light is solid, turn on and battery life is 16h 30m on app, or 16h via voice prompt
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

-Ran into the issue after updating the headphones to the latest firmware
•  What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)- Android 10 and MacOSx and Windows 10
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

with latest update 1.4
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.

Restarted headphones and wiping the device list, deleting bose music app and reinstalling, charging, draining headphones + charging

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

I have had exactly the same issue 2 headsets in a row within a week. both with the same issue. Still no response form BOSE here. Call centre very unhelpful and a delay of around 6 weeks fro them to have a look at headsets. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I also have the same issue which my Bose nch700 battery life wont exceed 16 hours and 42 minutes no matter how long I charged.The Bose product firmware update is version 1.4.12 and the Bose music app is up to date too.i tried to reboot it several times but it does not seem to work.Both my iPhone 7 and iPad mini 4 shows that the battery life won’t be fully charged.I am also sure that the following problem occurred after updating to this version.I am very pleased by the sound and eq Bose brought to us but the battery life needs to be fixed ASAP. I wish u guys can take this problem seriously.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

• Bose product model- NCH700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible)- 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible)- Version 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

-Battery status never goes past 16 hours, down from 20 hours previously.
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?

-Ran into the issue after updating the headphones to the latest firmware
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)- iPhone 13.5 Beta.
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

The issue began a few days ago after an update, as the battery status never went past 20+ hours, only now it has gotten 2 hours lower to 16, sometimes 17, sometime 15+.
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effects, if any.

Restarted headphones and wiping the device list, deleting bose music app and reinstalling, etc, basically all of the ones that I've seen so far

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 18, 2020

While i appreciate the fact your your engineers are looking into the issue caused by the update that they approved in the first place it would be a good idea to offer a path back.  Like create an update that beings us back to a pre-updated firmware version.  it would be real easy, just take the previous firmware version and renumber it to be the next interim release so that we don't have to pay the price for the inadvertent reduction in battery life.  please let your engineers slog through their process on their own time and not ours.

NOT A GOOD WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

My Bose 700 headphones after a full charge will display 17 hours and 31miniutes on the app, but the voice prompt says 17 hours only. After about 20/30 min, voice prompt says 16 hours battery. Charge them till the battery light is solid white (telling that it’s fully charged) and it doesn’t change. before the update would get about 20 hours. I have tried to restart my headphones with your online instructions but like others, I can't tell if it’s been done correctly as there has been no change. Also sound keeps breaking up/cutting out when listening to anything from my mac! Very frustrating.

App Version: 3.3.4

Firmware Version: 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Re: Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones charging issue

I have bought a new NC 700, which has the same issue of charging continuously (blinking led indicators)  with 15 hour headset time. 

I have tried reset of the headset and still, the same issue continues? The only option is replacement? it would be a bit tough during the pandemic times!

Any other suggestions ?