Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

For me now it also shows only ~14h battery life after >3h charging time. Quite disappointing, since I think that the real battery time is also reduced. I own the headphones since the early days and the product always felt more like a pre-production batch. I am seriously considering to return them under warranty. To wait another couple of month with the risk of facing another issue cant be an option.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I started realizing the reduced battery issues a week back. Reset the headphone and tried all different chargers but to no avail.

My current firmware is up to date 1.4.12

the most the battery can hold is 16hrs 30 minutes. The bluetooth on my Note10 is showing 80% and the headphone will not charge any further as in the white led no longer blinks (as in fully charge).

Is there a way we get notified when there is an official solution ?

Would be nice if we can downgrade it for the time being.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

I bought the nc 700 two days back and  am facing the same issue, it was showing me 14 hours on full charge and when i reseted, it went to 17 hours, i did the reset multiple times and turn on/off but could not get more than 17 hours. Should i take it back to the store?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Hi, So i have been using NC 700 headphones for 2 months... but today after the update my battery shows only 17 hours after full charge... is there any issue with my headphone ? or will it be back to normal 20 hours in some time?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Issue with battery announcement:

The battery light got solid On first charge after around 2 and half hours. However the battery time is 17 hours 38 minutes. Reconnected the headphones to charger. Light starts blinking and keeps on blinking for ever. No increase in battery time. No return to fixed blue light even after another 3 hours of charge.

1. App Version: 3.3.4

2. Updated software: installed prior to first use.1.4.12

3. I have tried the reset. 
4. had similar issues with a previous headphone. This one is replacement.

5. I have used it with iPhone & apple MacBook. Same issues.

i can’t see how to attach a screen shot with this message.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

I am having the same problem with my Bose 700 which I only bought like last week. But my maximum battery level is 16 hours.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Having the same issue, battery shows a max of 15 hours and 50 minutes. Here is an interesting thing to note Bose (yes, I tried all the measure you posted, all devices are up to date). When I fully charge the the headphones, the Bose app shows 15 hours and 50 minutes as full charge. My iPhone and iPad however show the battery level at 80%, seems to me you may want to find out if this is common. It seems to show this as a true software issue as opposed to hardware. 80% of 20 is 16, looks like the iPad and iPhone are correct. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

First off; I love my Bose 700, however there's a issue that is very important to me: full charge is only 14 hours.

Why is this happening and is there a way to resolve that?

Thank you

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

It's a known issue with the newest update.  you can downgrade or just wait it out until they have a new firmware.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Hello, 

please, find below requested information.

Bose product model: Noise Cancelling 700
• Bose product firmware version (screenshot if possible): 1.4.12-6283+9f658fd
• Bose app version (screenshot if possible): 3.3.4
• Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: 1. plug the headphones to PC/wall plug. 2. Wait for the led to stop blinking. --> Headphones charged to 17 hours, 30 min
• Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur? At the first charge
• What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9) - no services, just charging
• When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? It occurred at the first charge
• Any troubleshooting steps you took and effets, if any. Tryed to reset the headphones