Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Thanks. I don't recall changing anything in settings. Still, that's solved it.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi Bose,

in your last post of this subject, are you really thinking to ask user to ignore the battery announcement? If so, why did you launch this feature? Also, the multi-device connection issue has not been fixed. These 2 major issues are in your Bose 700NC spec. You want your users (including me) to consider this 700NC is defect? I really don’t think this is a good way to manage your business and product positioning. Why can’t you tell us when you plan to release the new FW rather than saying nothing. it totally doesn’t make sense for your user to spend couple hundreds dollars to become your test vehicle. Please provide your plan ASAP!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

Hello, 

I was given the NC700 headphones as a gift a few weeks ago and ran into this battery problem. I tried troubleshooting it but the problem persisted so I asked to have them exchanged for a new pair from Amazon. I have had the new pair for a week and the problem still exists.

Here is the information you have asked for:

Model: Bose NC700 silver

Description to reproduce:

1. Buy Bose NC700 headphones

2. charge them and test them

3. charge them again and the battery will be reduced (compared to original 20hrs)

4. Return them and get new ones

5. Repeat

I have updated the firmware and tried the usb cable connecting trick while pressing the button. None of this has worked. I use them with my PC and Motorola Phone (not that this should matter anyway or affect the battery).

I will wait for a few more days but its not like there is no competition out there so if this takes too long I will be returning them and will probably discourage anyone from purchasing the headphones.

versions2.png

versions.png

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Four weeks in. The battery life told to me through my headphones is getting lower and lower (from 18 hours when I first installed the update, now to a max of 12 hours).

Since I use these headphones for long work days (8-10 hours of online time per day), this is concerning.

Any updates coming down the pipe? I'm worried I'm running out of time and/or that the battery is being damaged by this.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Same issue here...

After a full charge of the headphones (solid white light), displays 17 hours and 24 minutes on the app. The headphones announces 'Battery Full', and every time I touch the right ear cup to check the battery level it keeps saying 'battery full, battery full...' 😵

Bose, please fix all the issues asap or give me my money back. It's not the same product anymore I paid you for few months ago.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

It’s not saying “Battery Four”.  It’s saying “Battery Full”.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Just an unwanted „update“.. after the release of the new version of the App, when the headset it’s recharged, we have the famous voice message „battery full“ but only 16h57mins with the app.

This is going to be tedious because before the last update there was a discrepancy between the indications and now the battery is really full or it last 16hrs or less? At this point a solution is something more than necessary! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Same issue. Using firmware version 1.4.12 and the battery isn't going beyond 16 hours

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

That's bizarre...

I posted another update here yesterday along with another post in another thread.

It seems to have disappeared.

Headphone is getting erratic day by day.

For no reason, inspite using for several hours and turning it off, and then back on - it said battery is full.

Still not charging to 20 hrs or 17 or hrs as commonly observed.

Today, for some reason - there was lot of static noise while listening to youtube.

B

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

This bug is really annoying. C’mon fix it or give us the money back and buy a pair of Sony’s. I’m starting to get really tired of how bad you manage your software updates. Are you a tech company at all?