Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update Complaint

I just purchased the Bose 700 after going through a number of Beats by Dre wireless headphones (my last pair being the Studio3) which still work, but the ear cup on the right side has started coming loose. Apple replaces the full headphone within the warranty and then out of warranty they charge an amount which is a little less than the purchase price as the policy is to replace the entire unit. In January this year I went on to buy the Apple AirPods Pro, they seem to have a software issue and after a while the one side of the earpiece starts to make a crackling sound. After having Apple replace the AirPods Pro twice, I told them the third time that I would rather pay in and purchase a pair of Bose 700. The manager agreed and I bought the Bose on Saturday - only to once again be stuck with a firmware problem. At full charge it only shows 16 hours and when I watch YouTube, I have to rewind the program as some words are intermittent. Needless to say I am not happy and Bose will not exchange the product. In my eyes a customer always comes first so this is certainly not a great reflection on me, the customer. 

Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

@lincolngradwell 

Unfortunately, hope I am correct, Bose has been bought by Apple. Henceforth, you can see excessive pricing for a normal product.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

That is incorrect. Apple does not own Bose. Apple purchased Beats By Dre in 2014.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

@wilhelmh

👍

Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Folks, it's not the end of this world. This headphone's still functional and sounds great. You still get more than 10 hours of battery life if not more. The Bose will come up with the fix some time in the future hopefully within this year. 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

I don't need someone telling me how this issue on a £300 pair of headphones isn't actually that big of a deal. 

I don't know how long my headphones will last, that is a big deal. 

How hard is it to run a beta test on your employees headphones or something before you roll out updates to everyone? Not that hard surely?

Sycophantic behaviour like yours only encourages future shoddy updates and poor customer service.

Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@dannio With all due respect, but what the hell are you talking about?

Because we are talking here about premium headphones for over 300e.
We paid for 20 hrs battery life, and great NC.

'still functional' is not an appropriate term on the premium brand forum.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

@dannio I completely disagree with you! 

Contributor
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Bose: what’s going on? It’s been over a month. Why is there no update? 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

I regret this purchase.

Am I the only one who really, really regrets buying these headphones? I've tried to reset time after time after time. I've had to rest these things more often then the other 4 sets of Bose headphones COMBINED.

I regret buying these and wish I could get a refund. They're AWFUL.