Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Re: Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement

Bose just removed my post because they do not support downgrades. So without suggesting a downgrade ------ version 1.3.1 will revert all battery issues folks have been experiencing. When the device is on 1.3.1,  these battery issues will not be apparent. How's that?

Absolute load of crap, Bose -- step your game up and stop silencing users who are only here to help.

If you can't provide a viable solution for end-users, then let us help others. No update on eng timeline on what is a widespread issue. Where's your Product Management teams? Can they comment on this thread instead of a Community Manager? 

We own these devices, and should have complete autonomy to fiddle with firmware, especially when a manufacturer refuses to provide a fix. In my opinion this falls under the the Electronics right to repair.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

To add since my post was deleted... Google OTA updates are not blocking 1.4.12. Causing these issues despite the removal of 1.4.12 from Bose Music app and the Bose Updater site.

I've sent feedback to Google engineering to pull the 1.4.12 update from OTA updates in alignment with Bose. 1.3.1 should be the latest version folks are allowed to update to, especially with all these issues.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2006

I assume the answer is somewhere in 27 pages of posts, but how do I roll back my firmware on my 700s?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2020

@DavidE you won't find that answer here because Bose doesn't care about solving customer problems. So they delete those posts while remaining silent. There's enough of us here who can tell you how do it now without publicly (gasp) posting how to. It's easy too. 

Honestly they should allow downgrades like they used to and also have allowed for the qc35s debacle as recently as April. But hey, the simple fact I have to reference another Bose firmware scandal period should tell us all we need to know.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2006

I downgraded the firmware and if the app is reading correctly when the phone now says the battery is "full," that's about 19 hours, not 20.

BUT, I'm missing the EQ feature from the update.  If I have to have incorrect battery life information in order to get the EQ I can live with that until they fix the issue.  

Any other issues with the newest firmware I should know about before making a decision?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

@DavidE stutter every 2-3 minutes when connected to 2 devices. Connection drops on calls. Also the new firmware randomly bricks you headphones (red and white blinking led). Bose has retired this firmware, so I think you'll have to wait for a new one.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

I am having the same issue.  Max charge I ever get is 17 hours sometimes 16.  I would think there would be a fix for this by now.  We all chose Bose for their quality and were willing to pay $399 for a pair of headphones.  Would be nice to get what we were promised and what is advertised on TV.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Hi,

I bought the Bose NC700 headphones in feb and I was satisfied with it until recently I’ve been getting only 17hrs and not the advertised 20hrs

My use of the headphones is fairly mild, about an hour everyday and I charge it once every 12-14 days. So battery degradation shouldn’t come into the picture as it’s not heavy usage 

if the battery continues to degrade by the end of the year I’ll be left with only 14hrs. If that’s case I wouldn’t be recommending this to anyone.

As it’s under warranty I’ve already sent it back to get checked. I’ve noticed this happened after the equaliser update 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

Yes I checked the forums but I noticed the degardation shortly after the latest update.